HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR4hun

Rampart

9 posts in this topic

Who's been to Rampart in the last couple of days? I'm thinking about a ride down there this Saturday. I was just wondering if I should expect some snow cover in certain areas. I really don't care too much but I'm taking a newbie friend down there and he doesn't need to be dealing with snow right now. Hope it's sunny in around here the next couple of days to burn the snow off in the shady areas(which is almost all of the area)

------------------

01' XR400R

01' WR426R

[This message has been edited by XR4hun (edited 05-10-2001).]

I can't imagine there will be any left. It's been warm during the days, nights haven't been too cold, and we've seen some rain this week (Rain melts the stuff in even the shadiest spots!). Be carefull of the crouds.

Hey, has anyone heard anything of the Spring Poker Run? I thought that was usually around this time of year?

Jake

I think I heard it will be June 3rd. Thinking about running it this year? Or is that your Rainbow trip.

I have no snow down where I work in Castle Rock and I usually use that as a barometer on how Rampart is. You should be fine by Saturday.

Originally posted by Dougie:

I think I heard it will be June 3rd. Or is that your Rainbow trip?

Sorry to go off topic, but... If we could get a large enough group together for a camping/riding weekend, we'd have much more fun. Sure the Poker Run is great since the trails are 1-way and all the early guys are going full blast... If we could get ten guys camping, though, we'd have more fun for sure. There are camping sites in Westcliff, Coaldale and Salada. Westcliff would probably be best, just because it's near the center. We could ride the south end on Saturday then north on Sunday.

XR4Hun,

Let us know how it goes. I'd recommend the Sprucewood Trail, Log-jumper or Trout Creek. These are usually open early in the spring. Watch the river crossings on Trout creek, it might be running deep with the run-off.

Jake

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 05-10-2001).]

I'm going early Saturday morning. I'm mean early. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Peace,

XR4hun (WR426r actually)

I went last night and it was EXCELLENT!!! No snow unless you are off trail. It was wet, deep wet. It was perfect. Hopefully is was cool enough so Friday will still be good. Saturday it might be getting dry by then. It should still be pretty good though.

Roostn in Golden

Yeah, when Rampart is wet, it is the best place to ride. You feel like you are on a rail. When it is dry, the best tires won't help in that pea gravel. Plus the dust is terrible. You have to leave a 5 minute window between you and the next rider. I love it when it rains out there. You stick like glue.

I rode 672/673 on Friday and didn't hit any snow- you'll be fine.

hey- would like to talk to you about how you are jetted. just getting into figuring out the right jetting after fouling a couple plugs.

Originally posted by XR4hun:

Who's been to Rampart in the last couple of days? I'm thinking about a ride down there this Saturday. I was just wondering if I should expect some snow cover in certain areas. I really don't care too much but I'm taking a newbie friend down there and he doesn't need to be dealing with snow right now. Hope it's sunny in around here the next couple of days to burn the snow off in the shady areas(which is almost all of the area)

Well. I went down there on Saturday morning. Great shape. I agree that it was nice and wet. Did a lot of puddle bashing. That was fun. My buddy did pretty well. You can only imagine his first time at Rampart. "Dude this is so cool!"

jimdeak

As far as the jetting on my bike. Stock. I haven't touch a thing. When are you fouling the plugs or at what point?

679 trial mostly. Had to be home by 12:30pm

------------------

01' XR400R

01' WR426R