04 starter upgrade questions.

I'm going to upgrade my 03 450 to 04 parts. Since I can make bushings I think all I need is the starter gear and 2 thrust washers. I know I don't need the ignition cover but I was wondering if I will need the small access cover. I was wondering if the only difference was the diameter of the hole the gear axle rides in.

Beezer,

If you're making a bushing, do you think you could make a bunch of them for the TT'ers who are waiting? My '04 upgrade parts will be here this week and I'd like to use my '03 cover instead of using the '04. $5 and a self-addressed return stamped envelope for the part. :D

YamahaRichey has done a great job ? trying to get this project underway but his machinist doesn't have the sense of urgency that some of us do. :D

like they all said, you'll need the small cover. some of us are finding that the torque limiter is back ordered. due in about three weeks. i did get the cover though. it also has a small bushing pressed in it. it might help you get your dimensions.

Hey guys here's the Genuine Yamaha part number for the bushing in the side cover. ( update 03 cover to 04 specs )

90380-10002

Hope this saves you all a few dollars.

I just fitted a new starter clutch, clutch gear ( attached to the flywheel ) and idle gear at Yamahas expence ( and the starter clutch and clutch gear were badly worn where they mate, after 3000klm ) and i paid for the torque limiter, torque limiter cover, washers and bushing at around $250 AUD

Cheers

it allows the gearing to release and not transfer the torque in the event of backfiring, hopefully stopping the starter/gearing/flywheel key damage thats been the talk of the town since the 450 came out.