HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Dangerranger1973

Gytr tuner

26 posts in this topic

So I am looking at buying the Yamaha gytr tuner and the description of it is not the best. Looking for some answers from you guys that currently have it.

Does it clear codes?

Can I load one map to 2 bikes?

You can make and store 9 maps, im not sure about clearing codes. Yamaha sells another tool specifically for diagnostics. Grey do you have any more info in this?

I know it reads codes.  It should be capable of clearing them, although now that you bring that up, I'm not completely certain of it.

From my experience when a code is found and the problem fixed it is self cleared, I'm also assuming it would clear/reset after complete power down erasing it from the short term memory.. Strictly speculation

Depends on where in the memory the codes are stored.  It could well be that codes self clear after the problem is handled, but the ECU obviously has persistent memory or it would be unable to store a map when powered off.

The maps would be stored into a eeprom (non volatile memory) and codes into the volatile ram, il be selling my tuner and getting a pcv with autotune, any experience with those on yzs grey ?

The maps would be stored into a eeprom (non volatile memory) and codes into the volatile ram,

That might be the case, or it might not.  In the automotive world, there are three basic classes of code; those that clear on the fly if the problem goes away, those that clear after a certain number of ignition cycles (power on/off) after the problem is fixed, and those that have to be cleared manually no matter what.  Haven't had any opportunities to play with the new stuff, really. 

. Haven't had any opportunities to play with the new stuff, really.

From my experience in the industry that's how the most automotive stuff works, but yes there is a b c d priority code, I don't se Yamaha investing that type of system based on there system diagnostics in the Manuel.

I have a pcv w a/t on order, I will make a post about it once it's all setup.

On the other hand, Yamaha did invest in a higher level of technology than is used on CRF's.  The Yamaha system has a discrete BARO sensor (atmospheric pressure), which gives it the ability to adapt to altitude and weather changes on the fly, where as Honda uses the MAP (manifold air pressure, or "vacuum") sensor to read ambient atmospheric pressure prior to startup, and that value is used as a baseline throughout the ignition cycle regardless of environmental changes.  That system can only be adjusted for altitude by shutting down and restarting the engine so as to get a current BARO reading.

The maps would be stored into a eeprom (non volatile memory) and codes into the volatile ram, il be selling my tuner and getting a pcv with autotune, any experience with those on yzs grey ?

Go vortex. LIGHT YEARS AHEAD of the power commander

1 person likes this

Hello everyone,

I need to remap, but can't find any suggestions for other than premium pump gas and can't find a good link to the manual.  Does anyone have a good pdf of the manual or a suggestion to map a 2015 450 richer with 100 oct / no eth, and a full Bill's Pipe (or any aftermarket sys)?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the product categories don't have a tools and accessories option so I was not able to find a manual for either V0 or V1 model tuners.  Thanks for the info about the octane.  It has been running lean since putting the pipe on and running hot so I need to increase fuel duration and I'd like to soften the initial hit just a little so maybe retard the timing just a bit.