HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
88motoman88

2007 yz450 popping

17 posts in this topic

Runs great but pops quite a bit. Starts not to bad. Stock jets. Stock bike really, well weisco piston, hot rod crank. Stock exhaust. I dont know where the fuel screw is. Seems like the idle screw makes little difference in the idle. I do have a ket kit for it with a 160 m amd 45 pilot. What should i do to start?

I just took my jets out and they are already 45 pilot. And 160 main. What should i look at now. Fuel screw?

I did repack the muffler. Where would it leak? The connection at the head and the connection where the pipes connect?

Ok ill check for leaks. Is it possible when i repacked the pipe i have a leak there? Also i checked the fuel screw and it was one and a quarter turns out. Could that be the problem? I thought it was suppose to be 2 ish roughly with my jets 160 m an 45pilot. Im at sea level

So i cleaned the pilot and main jet and adjusted tje fuel screw to 1 3/4 turns. Almost no popping now but when i wemt ro start it i smelt gas and had to push start it to get it running. After riding for awhile ot did start again woth like 4 kicks. Is it to rich. Ive never smelt gas

The idle is def still hanging though. I read that is from a lean condition and i meant to say 1 and 1/2 turns out

The idle is def still hanging though. I read that is from a lean condition and i meant to say 1 and 1/2 turns out

hot start

fuel screw oring

header crush washer

loose boots

worn out slide plate seal

Seems like the hot start plastic screw into the top of the carb is tight, header is tight with a new crush washer installed at rebuild. I didnt take it off but it seems tight with no leak, boots seem tight and in place. Stupid question but is one turn on thw fuel screw a 360 or 180 degree turn?