HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A.Sailer95

06 yz450f rebuilt top end, won't start!

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys so I just got my top end back together after putting a new head gasket in and I've been kicking it over for the past hour and she won't start. It'll fire every now and then but won't run. I made sure the cams were timed right according to the manual and I took the head in to a machinist that does heads for bikes all the time so he properly seated the valves. Not too sure what to look for now, any suggestions?

I'm no expert but for me I would try some things first. Double, check timing. Check the valve clearances.. Check the spark next.. Check fuel next (kick it while twisting the throttle and check the plug; should be wet from the gas).. Check compression (have the compression tester?)

And wouldn't hurt to take back off the head and double check that the valves have been seated properly .

Did you try push starting?

Again no expert just my 2 cents worth