HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jrideyz450

2011 YZ 450 runs at idle but dies when accelerate

7 posts in this topic

I've got a 2011 YZ 450 that won't run.  It died mid race on me a few months back.  Had it in the shop for repairs and they replaced the ECM, fuel pump and injector.  It still doesn't run.  It will start up idle and when you try to give it any throttle it dies out.  I don't know where to look next.  Anyone have any ideas?

I've got a 2011 YZ 450 that won't run.  It died mid race on me a few months back.  Had it in the shop for repairs and they replaced the ECM, fuel pump and injector.  It still doesn't run.  It will start up idle and when you try to give it any throttle it dies out.  I don't know where to look next.  Anyone have any ideas?

TPS connected and working ?

The service manual has a test procedure.

It should still run without tps input

I'm guessing fuel pump can't keep up

Well, if the ECU can't see the throttle turn, it will not increase the pulse rate of the FI, and it......so when you turn the throttle with a disconnected or broken TPS, it SHOULD die from being too lean.

I would suggest looking at the connections, and doing a service manual test method of the TPS.

If it were a carb, then yes you could disconnect  the TPS and only loose mapping changes.

Your original problem might have been the fuel pump (shop replaced) but I've had a brainfart on my '11 that might help that causes to idle fine gas it, it dies issue.

On the right frame side wiring harness above the valve cover there are two connectors that will fit but not "click" I believe the ait and map (airbox and frame harness above TB) I've done it before and they seem to "fit" but cause the run idle gas die issue after rebuilds....