Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benny51

Drd exhaust or rocket exaust

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys just wondering if you could help me out i have a 2007 yz450f and i was thinking of purchasing a drd or rocket exhaust slip ons i currently have a fmf power bomb header but i hate how the stock exhaust has such a tiny exit hole after all the better she breathes the more more power she produces ;) thanks guys!

I have had DR Ds on both my Yamahas. Latest is on a FX. Great fit and sound (NS-4). That gets my vote

1 person likes this

Thanks guys had one on my 04 there pretty good just was wondering if anyone like running anything else

I'm a Dr D fan also. Fit and finish top notch - I didn't even have to add any exhaust sealant at the pipe/ silencer junction on either the YZ450F or YZ250F. Better price point than any of the major brands as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By FMFRacing73
      Hey TT'ers, hope you don't mind me posting this! Figured some might appreciate!

@FMFRacing73
    • By gmoss357
      The 200 club thread has worked really well, but it's hard to find jetting info there. So, when you guys get a chance, either copy and paste the info below or copy over the info from the 200 club thread that you have already inputed. Lets keep this a database of information. Thanks.
      Year: 05
      Model (E,W,XC,M):EXC
      Carb size (38 or 36mm): 38
      Slide: 6.5, stock
      Main jet: 182
      Pilot Jet: 42
      Air screw (turns out): 1.5
      Needle model/Clip position: DCL 3rd
      Altitude where you ride: 800'-2500'
      Reeds - stock
      Pipe/silencer - FMF Gnarly, 07 XC silencer
      Head mod - squish, gap - don't know, it has a Wiesco piston, though, that's all I know.
      Other mods: FMF Gnarly, 9 oz FWW, Dunlop D803 TT, 49 tooth rear sprocket, XC silencer.
      Type of fuel - pump 93
      Where in the powerband do you ride (Lugger - for technical stuff, or wide open - desert / MX): a mix, lug when it's tight and open 'er up when it widens. I generally stay just off the pipe though, riding in the meat of the power.
      Degree of satisfaction: very satisfied.
      And finally: how much spooge 1) none, 2) little, 3) medium, 4) lots - (2)
      Notes: This set up worked well for me all summer. Winter is requiring a change for riding in the 40's. Above 50, this set up works well.
    • By stimps
      Well it's time to stop the opinions and roll out the facts (if that's possible). A dyno date has been booked for the 26th Feb to try to seperate fact from myth. Initial plan is something like below. This is all in the aid of seeing what these things really do. It's not cheap so appreciate any input on how we get the most out of this. Need to source a 19" rear road tire this week and get it all ready. If we don't melt it, it should be fun.
      Test Format.
      1. Dep +Dep Silencer HPI Ignition on Power setting
      2. Dep+Dep Silencer HPI Ignition on torque setting
      3. Dep+Dep Silencer std Ignition
      4. Dep+Dep long Enduro Silencer
      5. Stock 05 pipe and stock silencer (96dB)
      6. Stock 06 pipe and 05 silencer (US type96dB)
      7. Stock 06 and 06 Euro Silencer (94dB)
      8. Stock 06 and PC304 (Once touted as ultimate set-up).
      9. PC Works pipe + PC304 Silencer
      10. FMF Factory Fatty+Powercore 2 Silencer
      11. FMF Factory Fatty+Shorty Silencer
      12. 2C pipe + 2C Silencer
      13. Rinaldi Pipe+Rianldi Silencer(YRRD)
      14. Special Yamaha Works pipe+Dep Silencer
      15. Unknown Cone pipe+Dep Silencer
    • By nitrojoe
      alright i just bought a 2003 ktm 200 mxc two stroke. im very excited about it and really had a ball the first time i took it out. i wanted to do a decent tune up and deep inspection on the bike before i took it out for a big ride so i did that today. i had noticed a bit of spooge around the exhaust port, so thats where i started. after removing the pipe, i discovered that the pipe had taken a hard enough hit to be deformed to the point that the inlet to the chamber doesnt fit properly in the exhaust port anymore. the pipe on it is a fmf gnarly. because of the damage to this pipe ive been looking at buying another chamber for it. ive heard that the factory pipe works really well. im guessing its a mid to top end pipe. the gnarly i know is more designed for low end. the only other pipes ive seen are made by doma and pro circuit. any info on them? what kind of rev range are they designed for? im trying to consider all my options before i get another pipe. hopefully the other aftermarket pipes dont hurt the top end like the fmf does. any info would be much appreciated
    • By Kalashnikov
      So I bought a used low hour KTM 350 SXF for cross country racing. I needed a spark arrestor but I didn't wanna spend the $ on a PMB endcap when for a little more I could get a complete muffler with a removable spark arrestor. I chose the FMF PowerCore4 because it was pretty much the cheapest and I had one on my 09 YZ450F and had no problems with performance or excessive sound. It passed the 96db sound limit at the races. Besides I've purchased many FMF pipes before and I generally like them. So the first race of the season on the new KTM and the bike fails sound at 98db, 96db is the limit (96db is the sound limit at all CA state parks and it's the standard for most racing organizations). The guy doing the sound test suggests a repack but the muffler is literally brand new. Then he suggests contacting FMF for a quiet insert and they'll ship me one for free. I contact FMF explaining my situation and was told the quiet core retails for $39.99 and if I wanted to place an order to contact them. This is where I have a problem. I bought the muffler for trail use, it was designed with trail use in mind (it has a spark arrestor). Why should I have to pay extra for a quiet insert? It's not my fault the muffler fails sound. The PowerCore4 is the only muffler FMF sells that doesn't have a quiet core included with purchase. I've talked to 2 different FMF reps and both said I would have to buy a quiet core. It probably costs FMF $40 to make the muffler and probably less than $8 to make a quiet core. Besides the fact they risk losing a longtime and faithful customer, they can afford to ship me a free quiet core and still have made a healthy profit off my purchase of the muffler. Needless to say I'm waiting for a response and I WILL get a free quiet core, but the more hurdles I have to jump through, the less likely I am to purchase another FMF product.