2010-13 yz450f forks..on a 2015?

I do believe they are all exactly the same

Awesome. I shouldnt have a problem mounting my 2015 front wheel to the forks correct? I just have a chance at some factory A kit front forks off of a 2013, hence the reason for wondering. Thank you for your response.

Awesome. I shouldnt have a problem mounting my 2015 front wheel to the forks correct? I just have a chance at some factory A kit front forks off of a 2013, hence the reason for wondering. Thank you for your response.

A kit forks are not necessarily 'standard' sized forks.

There are many KYB bottom lug possibilities, lengths, etc. 

Verify dimensions. 

Handling changes can be made with different lug types, so look closely.

If the front wheel that mated to the fork was an OEM wheel or a OEM fit aftermarket hub and wheel, then you at least know the wheel and caliper will fit without issues.

A kit forks are not necessarily 'standard' sized forks.

There are many KYB bottom lug possibilities, lengths, etc. 

Verify dimensions. 

Handling changes can be made with different lug types, so look closely.

If the front wheel that mated to the fork was an OEM wheel or a OEM fit aftermarket hub and wheel, then you at least know the wheel and caliper will fit without issues.

Copy, thank you. The forks are standard size and dimensions, mounted on a display (otherwise stock) 2013 yz450f. Stock triple clamps, stock excel wheels, etc. The forks are kashima coated, DLC coated, subtanks, etc. I guess not technically A-kit like a Pro Circuit set up. Thank you for your help!!

So i believe i could use 13' wheel bearings and a 13' front axel and be good to go correct? I actually have those parts in my shop. Friend has the suspension and is practically giving it to me so i wanna at least attempt it. Anyone have thoughts?

So i believe i could use 13' wheel bearings and a 13' front axel and be good to go correct? I actually have those parts in my shop. Friend has the suspension and is practically giving it to me so i wanna at least attempt it. Anyone have thoughts?

Unfortunately, you'll need to find a bearing with the 22mm inner diameter that will fit an older hub. The outer diameter of a 22mm bearing is slightly larger and made for the larger 14+ hub. I have not found this size bearing as I have a few older front YZ hubs.

You will also need the 22mm spacers...

Keep in mind 13 forks are shorter then 14 forks too. I think your getting caught up in the nostalgia of these forks. Consider that you might have to get them revalved, re-sprung etc etc along with the current chassis changes, you could be putting a lot of time and effort into setting up the bike... And because your asking here, I'm gonna guess you don't have the most experience...

• Like 1

Keep in mind 13 forks are shorter then 14 forks too. I think your getting caught up in the nostalgia of these forks. Consider that you might have to get them revalved, re-sprung etc etc along with the current chassis changes, you could be putting a lot of time and effort into setting up the bike... And because your asking here, I'm gonna guess you don't have the most experience...

Thanks for your insight.

• 1 year later...

So I have still have these forks off of a 2013 yz450f. I have a 2015 yz450f project bike I'm putting together and want to make them fit since the forks are trash on it. 

I have sitting in front of me:

2013 forks, a 2013 20mm front axel, 22mm front wheel spacers, and a 2015 front wheel. This may sound dumb but...can I utilize the 20mm axel on the 2015 22mm front wheel? Anyone understand what I'm saying?