HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masdomonkey

Wr426 idle issues

3 posts in this topic

I just cleaned the carb, choke it on first few kicks, it starts but cant stay started, I gave it gas once and i got it to run, but i let off and it died

You pilot jet or the passage above it, is clogged or partially clogged.

What does ' I just cleaned the carb' actually mean..... because a carb that old really needs to be rebuilt......

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/protips/141_0707_keihin_fcr_carb_rebuild/

Its cool i got it to run now, where the boot connects there were two small jets my guess is for air flow on the idle but i cleaned them and it started up nice. The only thing im worried about is when i was starting it ( this never happend to me yet) the compression felt really low like i could kick it without the comp release, it started really low rpm but i remember seeing this plug that goes on the carb, so i thought maybe it was that telling the cdi to open it or something i dont know , but that was with no choke, then i started it with choke and fiddled with the idle and it kicked normal after that when i started it again (needing the comp release to kick the fu&king thing)