Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426thumpers

426?

3 posts in this topic

i already bought a 2001 426f after years of street riding. was looking at the 250f, i'm sure it has plenty of power and a little easier to handle. but when i was looking to buy i was told by friends and of course the sales man that i would get bored of the 250F because i weigh about 205 lbs. i lift weights and carry low body fat, they said i would be too big for the 250, is that true because i'm not buying it

Originally posted by 426thumpers:

i already bought a 2001 426f after years of street riding. was looking at the 250f, i'm sure it has plenty of power and a little easier to handle. but when i was looking to buy i was told by friends and of course the sales man that i would get bored of the 250F because i weigh about 205 lbs. i lift weights and carry low body fat, they said i would be too big for the 250, is that true because i'm not buying it

Go post the same question in the 250 site, and you'll get the real answer. JK big brothers.

It all comes down to riding ability and what type of riding. I own both bikes (99-400 & 02-250f). I love them both, but there completely differant machines. SX & turning tracks will favor the 250. Large wfo tracks & dez riding should favor the 426ers. (hey 250 bros. I haven't tried Glen Helen on the 250 yet, some I might be takin out my _ss hehehe) My weight is 220# naked :) The baby does need some springs for me, my new suspenison & Dr. D pipe next week boyyyeeeesss.

Opps sorry I lost my concentation thinking about my babyF.

Trails, trees, SX, Beg/Nov = 250F

Dez, trails, MX & Fast rider = 426

Better yet buy both :D

thanks, maybe i should of gone with the 250, but oh well now. i'll get use to the 426, as soon as i get the big dent out of the bend i put in it today