Anyone pick up a 450FX yet?

Nope. The FX and WR share the same crank. Look it up.

It further appears the FX and WR crank and flywheel are the same. The YZ uses different part numbers.

I stand corrected.  So much for information from other sources.  If that is the case my FX definitely feels like it has a lighter flywheel than my '12 WR so I assume the new WR will feel the same. 

Can anyone comment on the YZ450FX Gearing 1st to 3rd versus a 2009 CRF450X model. Will 1st to 3rd be shorter or taller than the CRF450X?

CRF450X - Stock is 13/51. I am running a 19" rear tire/wheel now and 13/52 sprockets. 

I am thinking this YZ450FX 1st to 3rd gearing should be great in the trails like the CRF450X. Little more jam though.

I stand corrected.  So much for information from other sources.  If that is the case my FX definitely feels like it has a lighter flywheel than my '12 WR so I assume the new WR will feel the same.

The new WR-FX is a pretty much a YZ minus a lighter flywheel crank for motocross. The WR needing a pipe and comp. ECU. They should be leagues better and more powerful than the older fuel injected WR's. The heavier crank and flywheel is a wanted item for off road.

Could someone with both a 2012-2015 WR and a FX post the weights of the front and rear of both bikes.......... 

Edited by tomerb

Could someone with both a WR and a FX post the weights of the front and rear of both bikes..........

The new WR isn't out yet.

And who would buy one of each? 

Prolly just worded wrong, access to both would be more better ;)

Someone with money to burn. I know guys that buy a new KTM 450 FE and never ride the bike, not once. They throw it in a garage to look at.

Someone with money to burn. I know guys that buy a new KTM 450 FE and never ride the bike, not once. They throw it in a garage to look at.

It's a KTM thing lol.

The new WR isn't out yet.

It is out. 

Any U.S. Dealers have them you are aware of??

I may have misinterpreted what you meant by "The WR isn't out yet." :)

I may have misinterpreted what you meant by "The WR isn't out yet." :)

Yea, at first it was mid January but last I read (on here) was TBD. Sumtin about EPA and there peculiar way of looking at things :D

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1450822559.257356.jpg

It's a KTM thing lol.

And a little perverted. Probably have a white van also.

Sounds like the soundest plan of action for that bike.

Sounds like the soundest plan of action for that bike.

Hahahaha!  Brilliant. Don't let the Orange Nazi's see this.  

Anyone think the 16 450FX plastics will be the same as the 16 450F?

Except the rear fender, yes...

Except the rear fender, yes...

How come not the rear fender?

Radiator shrouds are slightly different.