Anyone pick up a 450FX yet?

Hum good for you. Maybe when you can really learn to ride you might think the opposite?

That's not very nice. Do you know the guy? Maybe he's a smoking fast rider.

An XR650 is a heavy pig.  The FX is nowhere near heavy enough to qualify. 

That's not very nice. Do you know the guy? Maybe he's a smoking fast rider.

A smoking fast rider wouldn't call that bike a pig. Unless he was use to riding a 125.

A smoking fast rider wouldn't call that bike a pig. Unless he was use to riding a 125.

What if it was upside down trapped like a rat? How heavy would it be then???

What if it was upside down trapped like a rat? How heavy would it be then???

About a 1,000 pounds.

About a 1,000 pounds.

A 300 would only weigh 750lbs

450 single track miles so far and I have come to the conclusion that the YZ450FX is a heavy pig. Fun to ride, good suspension, dependable, fast, well built, but a pig none the less. 

I will give you $7500 cash for yours.

Edited by KRANNIE

XR650R = Big Red Pig.  AKA: The BRP

YZ450FX = Little Blue Pig, AKA: The GETTHESUSPENSIONSETUPFORYOURWEIGHTSOITDOESN'TWALLOWTHENITWON'TFELLSOHEAVY

That's one nice thing about weighing 170 in streets; almost everything is already sprung for my weight.  :p

What if it was upside down trapped like a rat?

Then he'd have time to consider the concept of bailing before it goes over on him.

AKA: The GETTHESUSPENSIONSETUPFORYOURWEIGHTSOITDOESN'TWALLOWTHENITWON'TFELLSOHEAVY

AKA: Every other bike ever made that doesn't suck.

Well with a last name like Fallover, I'm sure if you hit the gym the bike would be easier to pick up off the ground every corner. 

Yeah, because at 263 pounds plus accessories, it is a featherweight.  Yeah, right.

Well, yes, compared to 330 pounds.  Believe me, when I learned to ride, a 263 pound 500cc thumper was a modern marvel.  Not like these whiny kids today. :smirk:

I really think you should focus on buying yourself a GasGas trials bike of some sort.  You'd really be happy with it.

Well, yes, compared to 330 pounds.  Believe me, when I learned to ride, a 263 pound 500cc thumper was a modern marvel.  Not like these whiny kids today.

I really think you should focus on buying yourself a GasGas trials bike of some sort.  You'd really be happy with it.

I didn't say it would be too heavy for me, thank you very much. 

I think that you should learn how to listen to the participants in the forum instead of spreading your gospel.   People don't ride 330 pound trail bikes any more.  Times and expectations have changed.

I didn't say it would be too heavy for me, thank you very much. 

I think that you should learn how to listen to the participants in the forum instead of spreading your gospel.   People don't ride 330 pound trail bikes any more.  Times and expectations have changed.

For some of us that have some experience of handeling old school race bikes the new stuff are all lightweights. I carry more weight in my backpack than all the yup yap about what crap weighs.

For some of us that have some experience of handeling old school race bikes the new stuff are all lightweights. I carry more weight in my backpack than all the yup yap about what crap weighs.

Yup.

21 lb pack, every ride.

The heaviest pure offroad bike still being made is also still the current and past most successful Baja competitor of all time.....CRF450X.

Weight is only as important as you let it be.

Yup.

21 lb pack, every ride.

The heaviest pure offroad bike still being made is also still the current and past most successful Baja competitor of all time.....CRF450X.

Weight is only as important as you let it be.

Also the worst bike for my kind of riding.

No joke

Also the worst bike for my kind of riding.

No joke

I rarely ride my X anymore. But when I do I am so impressed. I wish they made an update 'XC' version rather than the current 'Baja' verison they have now......wait, the FX!   Doh!

It will need to be a little less silly in here, gentlemen.