HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nd4spdbh

Radiator Guards 2014 WR450

12 posts in this topic

Alright guys,

What radiator guards / braces do you prefer?

I had some works connection braces on my 250X and never had an issue with bent rads.... 2nd ride out on the new 450F and i drop her at 2mph and the clutch side rad got all bent (fml)

So what ones do you guys like?

Also would i be able to use an IMS bigger tank and the works connection braces?

I ha e the unabikers on my 2012 and I have the force on my 08. I'd say hands doe the force radiator guards for the Yamaha is hands down better. I have desert tanks on both bikes. Had to manipulate the fit for the unabikers. I say force radiator cages

https://forceaccessories.com.au/shop/wr-yamaha-category/yamaha-wrf-yzf-radiator-guards/

^ none of those say they will fit the newer fuel injected 2012-2015 WR450.... also those look real restrictive.

I have a 2012 WR450 with unabiker radiator guards and IMS 3 gal tank - totally compatible. I really don't see how you could bend the unabiker guards, they are really well built and the mounting is strong.

Not restrictive I have desert tanks on both bikes and the 2012 is fuel injected, I ride in the desert when it's 100 degrees and have never over heated, works connection are crap. And you described you have a Honda? ?? Yamaha doesn't make an X model. Are you putting them on a Honda

I ended up scoring on some moose radiator guards. I like the design of them as they are a full cage around the rad vs just a brace. and from the looks of it they shouldnt be a problem with an IMS tank. 

I had GYTR on my '12 with an IMS tank. Ended up bending both radiators in separate crashes about a year apart with the GYTR's. The second crash twisted and pushed the radiator back into the ignition coil. I have since replaced the radiators with a pair from Myler's Radiator and put Enduro Engineering braces on it. No issues as of now, but I haven't crashed much either since