HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
THUMPERRRR

used 06 YZ450 input needed

21 posts in this topic

goin to look at a "well maintained"

2006 YZ 450F yellow special edition with FMF exhaust and a Rekluse Clutch installed.

later today

have read a little about this particular year model,

reviews, problems, etc.

(the reviews are impressive)

any input is appreciated!!!

how many hours are too many?

I had one. Great bike after I finally figured out how to make it turn! Mine had way over 200hrs on it when I sold it, never one problem. I will say however my current bike (13YZ450f) made my 06 feel like a tank...

I had a 07 (similar bike). Awesome bike, the only problem I had was my cam chain seizing on me. (Prob my fault). But after I replaced it I just ran a little more oil to keep it well lubricated.

Condition is everything

The bikes are bulletproof if maintained.

Start the bike cold. It should start with no throttle and choke on in 4 kicks or less

After shutting it down, look at the dipstick. The  oil should be clear.

Pull the seat and look at the air cleaner . If it is filthy, walk away or negotiate a large discount.

got an appointment tomorrow night,,, via text.

text him back about hours on it,,, reply was 200.3hrs

HHHhmmmmmmm...?

Mine has over 300 and it's nowhere near being done.  It's all a matter of how they're used and how they're kept up. 

Well, that was the first reference to a run time total, and the presence of the decimal suggests a meter to me.  What do you find confusing?  

got an appointment tomorrow night,,, via text.

text him back about hours on it,,, reply was 200.3hrs

HHHhmmmmmmm...?

You can wear out that motor in 10 hours or 500.

It depends on how it was treated.

200 is safe for that bike, if the bike is not worn out visually.

00x0x_lb6EsdcCx5W_600x450.jpg

00808_kRRq58Fnpr1_600x450.jpg

01111_6XnT8CffLL4_600x450.jpg

00F0F_cPVnG7dDdLJ_600x450.jpg

"Special Edition YZ450F with an FMF exhaust and a Rekluse Clutch. Bike runs good and has been well maintained. Bike comes with the original Clutch, an extra set of plastics, new brake pads and owner's manual. I am selling the bike because I don't have time to ride and could use the money on the house."

$2700 an I think he'll come down some...

steep but I seen a few that were higher,,, any thoughts???

Edited by THUMPERRRR

I had a 07 (similar bike). Awesome bike, the only problem I had was my cam chain seizing on me. (Prob my fault). But after I replaced it I just ran a little more oil to keep it well lubricated.

Condition is everything

The bikes are bulletproof if maintained.

Start the bike cold. It should start with no throttle and choke on in 4 kicks or less

After shutting it down, look at the dipstick. The  oil should be clear.

Pull the seat and look at the air cleaner . If it is filthy, walk away or negotiate a large discount.

Mine has over 300 and it's nowhere near being done.  It's all a matter of how they're used and how they're kept up. 

You can wear out that motor in 10 hours or 500.

It depends on how it was treated.

200 is safe for that bike, if the bike is not worn out visually.

Those aren't the original style graphics if that matters.  It does look clean though.

Dave

thanks gents...

Edited by THUMPERRRR
1 person likes this

Well, that was the first reference to a run time total, and the presence of the decimal suggests a meter to me. What do you find confusing?

I didn't know a yz had an hour meter.

I didn't know a yz had an hour meter.

They don't. You add one. Every bike should have one installed.

bump.

Looks good.

Closer pics would be helpful if you want serious scrutiny from us.

Really it's all personal preference. Considering the condition and what has been done to it I would wait unless he's willing to sell for 2k or close to that # but again that's just my opinion. I'm not sure what your situation is or how you moto market is where you live.

I have one and love it. Solid bike for sure. Still has OEM piston in it and it runs like a dream. I'm still going to put a new piston in it tho just for reassurance. But I'd see if he'd go down on it a little I got mine for $2000 but I don't know what the market for bikes is where you live and mine doesn't have anything like a rekluse or aftermarket exhaust.

I bought the same bike last year with a rekluse , fmf silencer and power bomb header. Had about 180 hours when I bought it for 2300. I love this bike, best bike I have ever owned. 2700 is a little steep but if you can get him down to 2500 or lower its a great bike to have.