Update / additional stickies...

How do we get a couple of threads put up here at the top, the current ones are great for the older bikes, but with the newer FI bikes we could use some new ones.

Getting the maps only thread up there would be great, it's a total pain to go find it when am on something other then my laptop that has it bookmarked.

Also, some general info on uncorking the 12+ bikes would also be nice. How many new threads have we had in the last 2 weeks asking about it. I know there is the search option, but people are people, they go to the grocery store for an apple, not the apple tree farm these days..

Sorry for the rant, but with Yamaha getting back into the game this year in off road bikes, let's get this forum looking current as well!

Forum update ideas:

1) Addition stickies at the top of the page, to include the following:

A.) An all maps thread, either a new one, or the existing one.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1064381-wr-maps-only/page-1

B.) How and what needs to be done to "un-cork" a 2012+ WR.

Which existing thread or new thread TBD.

C.)Using the F.I. Tuner to set the C.O.

Something like: https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1157946-fi-diagnostic-tool-vs-power-tuner/page-1

2) Create a new sub-forum for the FI bikes (2012+). This would also include the new 2016 model as more information becomes available and more people are locating the fine details (glowing header as an example).

Let's get some more ideas rolling!

Edited by NightLite

I think now that we are almost 5 model years into the fuel injected WRs it may be time to revisit

the separate forum for carb and FI bikes.   

It has been suggested in the past, kicked around a bit, and then usually shot down or died a quiet

death but we are far enough into this major deviation of the models that it may make sense at this

point.

Sure some things apply to "all WRs" but it is getting to the YZ versus WR level of differences and

they have separate forums...

Look at the authors of the stickies and PM them

If you don't have a plan and a format to offer them, don't waste their time.

Ok great.. Let's move forward.. Since I have no desire to be a dictator, let's use this thread to get some ideas going. I'll use the first post and edit the ideas so we have an easy list we can approach the above authors with.

So, people, please post up what you would like. A sub forum, or just a few aditional stickies.. Or what would makes things easier in your mind. If you just agree with something else that's been posted, great we will just add a tally mark to it.

I think now that we are almost 5 model years into the fuel injected WRs it may be time to revisit

the separate forum for carb and FI bikes.   

It has been suggested in the past, kicked around a bit, and then usually shot down or died a quiet

death but we are far enough into this major deviation of the models that it may make sense at this

point.

Sure some things apply to "all WRs" but it is getting to the YZ versus WR level of differences and

they have separate forums...

Great idea, this goes beyond what I was thinking but would be nice to easily find relevant info for the newer model years.

I agree the Stickies could use some revamping .

Just for a start , it would be nice to be able update things like torque specs .

It is a PITA to look up torque specs in the down loaded OEM 3 language
manual that are not already in the WR mod database, 05+ quick reference .

Thinking William1 should let Krannie edit some of the stickies :excuseme: .

• Like 1

I agree the Stickies could use some revamping .

Just for a start , it would be nice to be able update things like torque specs .

It is a PITA to look up torque specs in the down loaded OEM 3 language

manual that are not already in the WR mod database, 05+ quick reference .

Thinking William1 should let Krannie edit some of the stickies :excuseme: .

Was kind of hoping Krannie would want to get more involved with updating the stickies, a lot of the current activity here is from him, but from what he said above am thinking he has no interest or has a bad taste left from something previous.

Just seems it should be done at this point, but *shrug* other than making a thread and trying to rally people, no one seems to have much to say about it. Kinda sucks, this is one of the better forums out there on the WR's, but if one doesn't go digging, all that is left is reposting the same questions..

All in all, rather disappointed in the responses /attitudes..

Edited by NightLite

I don't want to get involved in anything I don't have complete control over, or cannot give my complete attention to.

GrayRacer will come in and dice it all to bits anyway...

*nods* figured there had to be something in regards to your above post.

Oh well, we'll see if anyone has anymore thoughts on this over the next few days, may try to push it further, or just let it die. Again though, just does a total disservice to the WR community that we can't have an updated forum.

*nods* figured there had to be something in regards to your above post.

Oh well, we'll see if anyone has anymore thoughts on this over the next few days, may try to push it further, or just let it die. Again though, just does a total disservice to the WR community that we can't have an updated forum.

Moderators and major contributors have lives.

Like I mentioned before, don't come up with a 'great idea' without following through or having a plan. 

" I think we should have a ........ " is not a contribution, it is a burden to the TT community, unless YOU take up the challenge and get it done.

It's just a waste of everyones time otherwise.

Most of the other brand forums have much less in the way of resources than this forum, and have Moderator content Nazis that won't allow you to post anything they did not think of.

Your 'dissapointment' is fairly patheic, actually. With 28 posts, why should you expect anything, when you have contributed nothing ?

Anyone can start a thread requesting or providing certain information, that can be monitored by the thread starter, and updated with edits.

I do it all the time with my posts. 

Moderators and major contributors have lives.

Like I mentioned before, don't come up with a 'great idea' without following through or having a plan.

" I think we should have a ........ " is not a contribution, it is a burden to the TT community, unless YOU take up the challenge and get it done.

It's just a waste of everyones time otherwise.

Most of the other brand forums have much less in the way of resources than this forum, and have Moderator content Nazis that won't allow you to post anything they did not think of.

Your 'dissapointment' is fairly patheic, actually. With 28 posts, why should you expect anything, when you have contributed nothing ?

Anyone can start a thread requesting or providing certain information, that can be monitored by the thread starter, and updated with edits.

I do it all the time with my posts.

High ho silver, easy on the reins buddy..

Let's start with the 28 posts.. Am not an expert, I read and speak when I feel I need to. I've been lurking around here for years, first over on the DRZ side and now over here with my WR. I don't post so I can increase my posting number.. That seems important to you though..?

I do think we should have some updated information regarding the newer bikes stuck up at the top, at the same point, am not a nazi nor a dictator, as I mentioned above. This all started with a simple statement regarding putting a few posts up there.. No one seems to really give a rats *** about it though.. Give it a few more days and see if others chime in.

Your whole drama dance about people having lives is hilarious. Seriously, in no place is anyone asking for a lifetime commitment to put up a few stickies at the top of the page. My god, I thought you would be a good fit to select a few postings to go up there, that was out of respect for you, your first response to me in this thread said every thing that needed to be said.. Fine, so be it.

So, again I'll go back to what I said in my first post in this thread, let's get a couple of threads stuck up at the top. Un-corking a 2012+ bike, easy enough, am sure we don't need a 100 hour commitment for that one.. Next, how about maps? I put up a link to a good one already, and the other common issue is the CO adjustment, there are a bunch of different threads on that one, take one of those or, should WE(as in community) agree on a new one and create a nice clean write up? Hell I'll write it up, but I've not even adjusted mine yet, so I don't feel qualified to do it. Having one of the other threads up there though so someone that doesn't totally get it, can walk into their dealer and show them seems like a nice option for the community.

You are coming at me like this is a one man project and one person should do everything and everyone else should shut up and like it. If that works for you, great.. Me? I'd rather feel out the water, not step on other people's toes and see what the general reaction to the idea is.

So I now know your thoughts and reaction, imho, take your disservice drama crap dance and go install some more high end xboxes.

Btw, putting up one or more threads stuck at the top in my mind isn't a "great idea"', it's more of a convenient option.

And yes, I am disappointed, that a low life that's nothing to the community has to post this thread, and am also highly disappointed in your response to all of this...

Edited by NightLite

Dear negative Nancy ,

I see no drama other than what you are trying too create . If you have spent any time here in the WR forum you would

obviously see that Krannie is one of the biggest contributors to answering questions even when they are the same

questions repeatedly asked by people to lazy to do a simple search . 

Pretty sure he gives no chit about his post count , only seems to offer solid advise to those that ask .

What you should be leary of is people with more likes than posts ........like me? .  

Why are people always looking to have drama ? I don't get it .

High ho silver, easy on the reins buddy..

Let's start with the 28 posts.. Am not an expert, I read and speak when I feel I need to. I've been lurking around here for years, first over on the DRZ side and now over here with my WR. I don't post so I can increase my posting number.. That seems important to you though..?

I do think we should have some updated information regarding the newer bikes stuck up at the top, at the same point, am not a nazi nor a dictator, as I mentioned above. This all started with a simple statement regarding putting a few posts up there.. No one seems to really give a rats *** about it though.. Give it a few more days and see if others chime in.

Your whole drama dance about people having lives is hilarious. Seriously, in no place is anyone asking for a lifetime commitment to put up a few stickies at the top of the page. My god, I thought you would be a good fit to select a few postings to go up there, that was out of respect for you, your first response to me in this thread said every thing that needed to be said.. Fine, so be it.

So, again I'll go back to what I said in my first post in this thread, let's get a couple of threads stuck up at the top. Un-corking a 2012+ bike, easy enough, am sure we don't need a 100 hour commitment for that one.. Next, how about maps? I put up a link to a good one already, and the other common issue is the CO adjustment, there are a bunch of different threads on that one, take one of those or, should WE(as in community) agree on a new one and create a nice clean write up? Hell I'll write it up, but I've not even adjusted mine yet, so I don't feel qualified to do it. Having one of the other threads up there though so someone that doesn't totally get it, can walk into their dealer and show them seems like a nice option for the community.

You are coming at me like this is a one man project and one person should do everything and everyone else should shut up and like it. If that works for you, great.. Me? I'd rather feel out the water, not step on other people's toes and see what the general reaction to the idea is.

So I now know your thoughts and reaction, imho, take your disservice drama crap dance and go install some more high end xboxes.

Btw, putting up one or more threads stuck at the top in my mind isn't a "great idea"', it's more of a convenient option.

And yes, I am disappointed, that a low life that's nothing to the community has to post this thread, and am also highly disappointed in your response to all of this...

I did not read the above post, but did scan it and saw more complaints, more dissatisfaction, more demands for action without a plan.

Again, we get it that you are not getting what you want.

What are you going to do about it besides complain?

Same old same old.

• 2 weeks later...