HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stickerking

Ebay fuel pumps?

11 posts in this topic

My mate has a 14 450 (200hrs) , been playing up, tried my tank on his bike, seemed to fix it.

Looking at the Yamaha pump at around 400 or one of the eBay pumps at only 40 dollars.

Are these cheap pumps any good?

I get suspicious with anything that's too cheap to be true.

I don't know that I would want my $40 fuel pump to go out on the face of a jump and send me for a ride.  Seems sketchy

Man, I just checked and theres one on there for $19.60 free shipping from california. I was looking at a parts schematic for my 2016 the other day and noticed how much those fuel pumps are! I couldnt do it without knowing bc I do alot of motocross and agree with what cpetz said. But would like to know how good these cheap pumps are as well.

Yeah you've echoed my sentiments guys however I would still like to know if there is a pump available maybe in the 120 dollar range.

I have seen the husabergs had replacement pumps for these sort of dollars, why not the Yamaha?

With the Aussie dollar so low it looks like he will have to splurge on an oem pump, and pay the 400 (ouch).

Wish we had the options like in the US of a.

I guess there no OEM used option from ebay off a parted out bike.  You would think there would be someone out there parting out a bike.  

Can you just buy the filter on its own? When the 09 Honda 's came out dealers were replacing fuel pumps for $300 and then someone discovered a part number for a replacement filter kit for about $40. In most cases that solved the problem.

I have replaced 3 filters on mine doing routine maintenance and I still have the original fuel pump after 160 hours.

I just spent $30 on one of those fuel socks that go inside the gas tank. Hopefully that will prevent the pump or filter from clogging up. Figured it was cheap insurance. 

I just spent $30 on one of those fuel socks that go inside the gas tank. Hopefully that will prevent the pump or filter from clogging up. Figured it was cheap insurance.

I use a funnel with built in filter when I buy gas at the pump and use every time I fill our EFI bikes. The thought of a bog on the face of a jump has scared me ever since the bikes went to EFI. I don't believe you can be too careful. Just check the bottom of your jerry can next time it gets low and you're likely to see a bunch of crud in there.