HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dube2

WR Compression Lock w/ E-Button

7 posts in this topic

So why do I get a compression lock when using the e-button. Not all the time. When this hapends, the starter will not turn it over. Then I need to kick it till it passes the locking part and she usually fires right up. She runs fine. Even on cold starts, it usually fires up pretty easy. Could it be out of adjustment timing chain? It's usually only on a warm bike.

When the bike stops right at TDC it takes more compression to get it out of TDC. Happens to all of them.

2 people like this

When the bike stops right at TDC it takes more compression to get it out of TDC. Happens to all of them.

ok, sounds like nothing to worry about. Like I said, she runs fine. Thanks WR

You have to roll it in gear to get over the hump

yea, I usually give it a few light kicks to make sure I don't break anything.

yea, I usually give it a few light kicks to make sure I don't break anything.

Putting it in gear and rolling backwards a little is much easier on the kick start mechanism.

1 person likes this

This brings up a question i always had. Is it bad to have your motor turn backwards. As in backing down a hill you stalled on and you drop the clutch but are in too high a gear for compression to stop the bike. Too high a gear being the reason you didnt make the hill in the first place. of course.