HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ride-n-Hard

2012+ DrD slip-on sound level ? Insert needed?

4 posts in this topic

I was thinking of tryng a DrD Slip-on exhaust on my 2012 WR450 instead of the FMF Q4 hex.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the DRD would need a quiet insert to meet the 96db levels or would

I have to also buy one of the quiet inserts as well? I tried calling DRD as well as emailing them about this,

but unfortantly they don't feel the need to contact me back, hence the question.

Thanks

I have the Dr D RS-4 slip-on on my 2013 WR450F. I haven't tested it myself with a meter, but with the screen installed they (Dubach Racing tech service) say it tests at 96 db. It's louder than stock, but not bad. I can tell you that it's substantially quieter than a YZ250F and YX250FX with stock exhaust (I have demos of both). 

FYI - I really like the pipe and the mid-range gain I got from it. 

Just in case some one else is asking this same question, I just installed a ns-4 slipon. Its pretty loud, but once I installed the quiet insert. The sound note is much more tolerable in my opinion. Nice looking muffler though.

I have one on my 2011 which should essentially sound the same. It is not bad at all with a spark arrestor. Great pipe. Smoothed out the power band