HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agalofa1

Yamaha WR 450F

8 posts in this topic

I want to remove all the restrictions that are on my 2014 WR450, do I need to remap the after market CPU, and what muffler would be affordable that  someone could recommend for it.

You don't necessarily have to re-map.  In fact after playing with a number of different maps, I'm considering going back to the stock map again.  You can either modify the stock exhaust (good and free) or go with a slip on to free up the restriction even more (better).  I have used the standard FMF Powercore 4 on my last two WR's and would not hesitate to go that direction again.  I think my current one was about $270.  I always compare prices at some of the internet stores along with Ebay, Amazon, Google Shopping etc. 

I uncorked, ran it with the stock tune on the comp ecu, ran great. Then i installed the FMF GYTR muffler and used the FMF tune and it rips!

I believe their is advantages to be had even in stock form and a remap. So if your getting rid of all the restriction and adding a pipe you will defiantly benefit from a remap. But I'm sure you could also leave it alone and run it stock and be fine, probably my guess a tad lean.

I uncorked, ran it with the stock tune on the comp ecu, ran great. Then i installed the FMF GYTR muffler and used the FMF tune and it rips!

What tuner do you recommend?  My bike has a FMF powercore 4 exhaust , and I think it runs a little lean.  Curious about getting a tuner and re-mapping.

What tuner do you recommend? My bike has a FMF powercore 4 exhaust , and I think it runs a little lean. Curious about getting a tuner and re-mapping.

On the 2012 and newer, Yamaha sells what they call a competition ECU, plug and play, 5min to install (roughly $90). Once you have that, then the Yamaha GYTR tuner is your best option. It holds 9 different map settings and takes about 30sec to load in a different map for your conditions.

I believe there are other tuning options (power commander, etc.) Yamaha makes it so simple and easy, I've never considered any other options. As a plus, most guys are using the Yamaha setup mentioned above, so there are a ton of posts with people discussing different maps and such.

Edited by NightLite