HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acarter920

WR to YZ 426 pipe conversion

2 posts in this topic

Everyone, i just thought id let you know that i put a Wr426 pipe on my 00' Yz426. I was in need of a spark arrestor, and had to drop the decibal level way down. Well it slipped right on perfectly and is much much quieter. Went from 100+ db to about 85. And, its stamped in the muffler that it has a spark arrestor and meets all off-road sound requirements. If you were like me and needed a quiet, spark arrested muffler without giving the aftermarket companies your limbs, then this is a great conversion.

As far as power goes, there is a little loss... but it sure tamed down the powerband a lot! I like this because i mostly do woods riding, and tame power is best... but for MX'ing ill just throw on the Yz pipe and have that surge back.

Just thought i'd let everyone know! :)