Yz426f use gas without revving throttle

Hi there everyone

Im new to the here and to dirt bikes

I recently bought a 2002 yz426f and it rides great but has a few issues. One is there is gas leaking out of the overflow tube from the carb when bike is started up, another thing leaking is i think coolant from the radiator overflow tube when bike has been running for a while. Last is when riding the bike in first gear i pull on the clutch and when i start to let it go the bike takes off with out really giving ant gas At all. I couldn't find out why, any opinions would help.

The gas leak is caused by a sticking float, or more likely by a worn or dirty float needle.  

The coolant overflow is typical if you let the bike idle more than about a minute.  The bike depends on air flowing over the radiators to stay cool, and they don't like extended idling.  If it's blowing coolant while moving or as you stop after riding, then you have a heating problem. 

It's a little hard to figure out what you're saying with the last complaint, but if you mean that as you release the clutch lever in gear, the bike will move without opening the throttle from its idle position, realize that it's a pretty big, strong engine, and it may just be able to do that.  On the other hand, you might have the idle set too high, which would also make the bike more prone to overheating at idle. 

The gas leak is caused by a sticking float, or more likely by a worn or dirty float needle.

The coolant overflow is typical if you let the bike idle more than about a minute. The bike depends on air flowing over the radiators to stay cool, and they don't like extended idling. If it's blowing coolant while moving or as you stop after riding, then you have a heating problem.

It's a little hard to figure out what you're saying with the last complaint, but if you mean that as you release the clutch lever in gear, the bike will move without opening the throttle from its idle position, realize that it's a pretty big, strong engine, and it may just be able to do that. On the other hand, you might have the idle set too high, which would also make the bike more prone to overheating at idle.

Thank you for the response and yes you got the last complaint right, and i do think the idle is way to high, how do i adjust it?

Black plastic knob on the left side of the carb (not the choke), attached at the corner of the float bowl. Counter clockwise to lower the speed.