2016 YZ450F

ctown, yosh slip on looks sweet! ! Igot a quote of $ 8400 otd,  on 60th aniv,but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet,

Actually I cant deside between the yz & the KX

Edited by Yamaha651

I have the 2006 yellow (50th Anniversary Edition) with just over 200 hours on it.  I would love to get the new one and hopefully will but I gotta say, my bike starts within two kicks EVERY TIME and has just been phenomenal.  It has served me for Motocross, Trails, Dunes and even Supermoto.  It has certainly earned it's keep. 

At this point though, it needs suspension work to freshen it up, gonna need a top end soon, and new plastics would do it wonders.  It's still on the original bottom end.  What do you guys think?  Is all this required freshening up enough justification to spend $9K on a new one?  I have been riding more as my boy is riding and racing now too (age 11). 

Just don't want to spend the cash but do at the same time.

Dave

I have the 2006 yellow (50th Anniversary Edition) with just over 200 hours on it. I would love to get the new one and hopefully will but I gotta say, my bike starts within two kicks EVERY TIME and has just been phenomenal. It has served me for Motocross, Trails, Dunes and even Supermoto. It has certainly earned it's keep.

At this point though, it needs suspension work to freshen it up, gonna need a top end soon, and new plastics would do it wonders. It's still on the original bottom end. What do you guys think? Is all this required freshening up enough justification to spend $9K on a new one? I have been riding more as my boy is riding and racing now too (age 11).

Dave

Time for a new bike. I'd recommend you find a non current 14/15 and save a few bucks.

ctown, yosh slip on looks sweet! ! Igot a quote of $ 8400 otd, on 60th aniv,but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet,

Actually I cant deside between the yz & the KX

My buddy is a kx dealer. He quoted me 8350 otd in Idaho.

I paid 8800 for the yami.

I've always been a Yamaha guy so had to stay true to blue.

I've been inside a lot of the 450 bassed motors they can be a power house ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1445799934.255153.jpg

That one is 70+ hp. And has been a great motor for 3 years now without a issue.

The yosh is the full system. It's a good fit and finish.

It didn't drop much weight nor add much power. But it did require me to add a bit of fuel so I'm sure there is a gain somewhere. When I started adding timing is when the top half of the power curve came alive.

Went with the yellow. Breaking it in tomorrow

Cool man, congrats. I would suggest radiator braces and an hour meter asap. Dont do like I did and wait on the braces. Already got a crunched radiator on mine with less than 8 hours. :'( got the braces NOW though

Oh yeah, and an o ring chain is nice addition too.

Edited by jcross312
  • Like 1

Cool man, congrats. I would suggest radiator braces and an hour meter asap. Dont do like I did and wait on the braces. Already got a crunched radiator on mine with less than 8 hours. :'( got the braces NOW though

Oh yeah, and an o ring chain is nice addition too.

What's a good brace ? Seems like a few options out.

Gytr or is there better options?

I have the 2006 yellow (50th Anniversary Edition) with just over 200 hours on it. I would love to get the new one and hopefully will but I gotta say, my bike starts within two kicks EVERY TIME and has just been phenomenal. It has served me for Motocross, Trails, Dunes and even Supermoto. It has certainly earned it's keep.

At this point though, it needs suspension work to freshen it up, gonna need a top end soon, and new plastics would do it wonders. It's still on the original bottom end. What do you guys think? Is all this required freshening up enough justification to spend $9K on a new one? I have been riding more as my boy is riding and racing now too (age 11).

Dave

If you can afford a new bike i would definitely do it. I had an 06 and the 16 is leaps and bounds better

The bike is an amazing machine, huge difference from my 06. The suspension actually feels stiff enough for me yet plush. Great bike. Ordered everything i need. Hour meter, radiator braces, skid plate, gytr tuner, spare air filter, twin air air box cover, pc racing stainless oil filter. Awesome bike

Why would you buy a hour meter if with gtyr tuner you can see your engine run time?