2008 yz450 glowing header

Getting stumped here on my bike.  This bike has always treated me good.  Recently I noticed my header was getting hot (glowing red hot).  It starts and runs just fine, very little backfire on decel with a throttle chop but nothing serious.

Started off with running my air/fuel screw in.  Was at 1 1/2 turns out, ran it all the way in, in increments of 1/2 turns with no change.

Cleaned all the jets out in the carb and didn't notice any to be plugged.

Checked intake boot for air leaks, nothing there.

Any ideas?

Getting stumped here on my bike. This bike has always treated me good. Recently I noticed my header was getting hot (glowing red hot). It starts and runs just fine, very little backfire on decel with a throttle chop but nothing serious.

Started off with running my air/fuel screw in. Was at 1 1/2 turns out, ran it all the way in, in increments of 1/2 turns with no change.

Cleaned all the jets out in the carb and didn't notice any to be plugged.

Checked intake boot for air leaks, nothing there.

Any ideas?

was the bike sitting there at idle? The header pipe is titanium I believe and when it's not in motion could become red hot.

was the bike sitting there at idle? The header pipe is titanium I believe and when it's not in motion could become red hot.

For sure will glow if Ti. The first few times running my bike at night I was freaking out. They glow pretty quick, and cool quick, hard to tell it's happening when in the sun...I run a Boyesen and ZipTy coolant for piece of mind that it's not actually overheating, haha...

For sure will glow if Ti. The first few times running my bike at night I was freaking out. They glow pretty quick, and cool quick, hard to tell it's happening when in the sun...I run a Boyesen and ZipTy coolant for piece of mind that it's not actually overheating, haha...

that Evans is good shit!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1445535534.855580.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1445535550.037967.jpg

Don't worry. Perfectly normal ;)

Lol. Cool thanks guys. Now that I think about it I noticed it @ night....... And yes it was on the stand idling... When I keep moving I don't notice it

These bikes like to move. They get hot fast sitting on the stand idling.

I just can't remember mine glowing red. O well, running like a top

Yep, mine if stands idling about 2 min, will throw out coolant