HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ayamaha101

yz 450 FBL VS FBW

8 posts in this topic

Hello

I am trying to buy parts for an YZ 450 F 2012  that was bought outside of  the USA.

When you go to partzilla.com you have the choice between parts for the YZ 450 FBL  or the FBW.

When i looked at the bike manual , it says it is an YZ 450 FB, but it does not says if the third letter  is an L or W.

H0w do i know which parts to buy? Should i choose parts for the FBL or   the FBW?  I have given my VIN to a partzilla agent, but they could not figure it out as it is not a model bought in the USA.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Edited by ayamaha101

No idea, but it's a prevalent thing.  "L" is used instead of "B" for blue in wiring schematics, also ("B" is for black).  So you might see a line labeled "LB", which means blue with a black stripe. 

What do they call a light blue wire? Coming from a car back ground they need many more colors and combinations.

They call it "Sb" ("Sky blue").

I didn't make it up.   :excuseme:

Ever seen the wiring harness on, oh, let's say a B52?  2 1/2" conduits packed with 16-20 gauge wire, all of it white.