Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snrub0800

Fork Leaking?

10 posts in this topic

Uh oh, came out to check my leaking tire and I see this. It's original suspension, never had any problems, 09 wr450. Inform me on my problems

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444868377.650385.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444868398.676188.jpg

Debris caught between the seal and the fork tube or the seal is just plain ole worn out. Pull the forks and replace the oil and seals. Pretty easy to do.

Many times the chrome fork tube has a scratch and it leaks. Do yourself a big favor and get those defective forks some Racetech gold base valves. They are dangerous stock.

You can pull them pretty easy. Those seals go from time to time. The chrome is not likely scratched so I would look first. It seems scary the first time but once you pull them once it is pretty easy.

While you can enjoy a professionally revalve, you probably don't need that unless you want better performance.

That is some dark fluid though. It is usually pretty clear unless someone else went with w darker fluid.

You can pull them pretty easy. Those seals go from time to time. The chrome is not likely scratched so I would look first. It seems scary the first time but once you pull them once it is pretty easy.

While you can enjoy a professionally revalve, you probably don't need that unless you want better performance.

That is some dark fluid though. It is usually pretty clear unless someone else went with w darker fluid.

It might seem to me you don't know much about 07-11 WR forks. Do a little Goggle on a bad fork base valve. Geesh.

It might seem to me you don't know much about 07-11 WR forks. Do a little Goggle on a bad fork base valve. Geesh.

Stock Wr07/11 bad forks,everybody knows this.Also we wrap,another fork guard around the back side of fork.To prevent blown seals.If your fork seals lasted from 09 till now,your lucky guy.in Baja they dont last 6 months,with out seal savers /and added guard.BTR

1 person likes this

I don't need to google. I own one and work on my own forks thank you.

Stock Wr07/11 bad forks,everybody knows this.Also we wrap,another fork guard around the back side of fork.To prevent blown seals.If your fork seals lasted from 09 till now,your lucky guy.in Baja they dont last 6 months,with out seal savers /and added guard.BTR

Word! They don't in the winter Tn mud either. Seal savers are the way to go.

1 person likes this

I don't need to google. I own one and work on my own forks thank you.

Yeah probably don't need to figure out anything good ole Tenessee Fire roader. Varoooom!

2 people like this

Yeah probably don't need to figure out anything good ole Tenessee Fire roader. Varoooom!

Yes, we have plenty of that........and some rocky gnar......check out the TKO , that is about 20 min from my weekend place. Not excstly fire roads.

1 person likes this