HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotoFixation

2008 YZ450f suddenly dies

5 posts in this topic

My 2008 YZ450 starts first kick from cold and ill let it run for 45ish seconds than it dies outta nowhere. I turned up the idle and that did not seem to help. It has very few hours on it like maybe 30 to 50 hours (never rebuilt). Im thinking it may be the fuel screw just have not got around to messing with it much. Any thoughts?

Edited by MOTOFIXATION

Adjust fuel screw for highest idle

Do valve clearances adjustment

Buy a service manual and start reading up on how to maintain the bike per Yamaha 's recommendations

If your taking it off the choke and its stalling buy a new pilot jet put it in and give it a whirl.

Try the fuel screw first to see if the pilot jet is in the right range:

Adjustment procedure

Use the fuel screw to check jet size

If it turns out that these checks indicate a too small pilot, you should either try cleaning the jet or replacing it.  A #43 to #45 should be about right.  If you have that size in place already, yours is likely partly clogged. 

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Gray4ACause
      Hello everyone, you wouldn't believe the brain dead mistake I made. So I installed my crank into the right side engine case on my 02 YZ426F last night. (Keyword Night) Then I proceeded to install the left side engine case onto the crank and trans with the Tusk Crank Installer. All is fine and dandy until I realized I didn't put any Yamabond on the case halves.  Now the left side case will not come back off the crank for the life of me. Note: The first time I split the cases the left side case came off without any hiccups. I am using the splitting tabs built into the case by the way. Does anyone have any tips? Also, why is the left side case being so stubborn this time? I hope I don't have to order a case splitter, those tabs saved me $70!
    • By Zachhanus2
      Hey guys I was wondering what bike I should get I havnt rode since I was in 7th grade but I had a kx 85 so I was experienced with riding I could pin the bike on tracks so I'm not completely new to riding now I'm 6,2 190 I was contemplating what bike to get, should I go with a yz 125 or should I go with a yzf450, I would never sell the 450 prob have it forever thank you tell me your opinions plz!!
    • By YZ465 SMOKER
      I'm finally getting the chance to go to the dunes in Oregon and cant decide weather I should run a 8 or 10 paddle tire on the back of my 81 YZ465 2stroke. Suggestions? Pros and cons for each? Thanks!
    • By GSD962
      Hey guys, 
      I understand that I'm going to sound like a complete rookie on this one. How do you tell if you have an aftermarket kit done to the front forks? I just recently pickup up an 05 yz450f and on one of the forks it has a (1) fast lap racing suspension sticker on 1 of the forks. The guy appeared to go alittle sticker happy with this thing before I got it. Runs good and the front end feels great but I've never had anything aftermarket suspension done to any of my other bikes. Any tell tale signs aside from the feel? Thanks.