HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iFR

When you buy a new dirt bike...

15 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I'm thinking about selling my 07 YZ450 and buy a 2016.

Just wondering, if I buy a NEW YZ from Yamaha , what comes along ? I mean... It's not just the bike, is it?

User manual , gaskets...

Piston and cilinder, does that come with the bike?

Thanks

Well I heard that it comes with piston and cilinder aswell. Oh well... Sorry for the dumb question

I got a manual,spark plug wrench, and a couple fuel line caps...

And the hot chick behind the counters phone number. Well, the shops phone number but close enough...

2 people like this

Here in Costa Rica I got a bag with a complete top end and bottom end gasket set, two sets of rings, muffler packing and rivets, sparkplug socket,spoke wrench, and the manuel oh yeah and 3 different main jets. They hook it up!

Edited by Costa Rican YZ250F

Here in Costa Rica I got a bag with a complete top end and bottom end gasket set, two sets of rings, muffler packing and rivets, sparkplug socket,spoke wrench, and the manuel oh yeah and 3 different main jets. They hook it up!

Main jets?

I'll be watching that, too.  

But to the question, it varies regionally.  In the US, all you get is the owners service manual and a couple of small widget type tools.

Canadian and European sales include spares, most of the time.  

Hahaha... I picked up a left over '12 250F 2 years ago, I've been lurking in the 450 forum because I'm getting the new '16 in about a month "fingers crossed". I feel it's time for this old guy to get a 450 and yes I can't wait to get an FI bike too

Damn that's sweet. I wish here in Portugal was the same :(

I'll buy it next month, YZ450F 2016.

Still thinking about if I should choose Akrapovic or stock exhaust though.

That tips and practice guide is pretty humerous. Its a beginners guide basically. Hope nobody learns how to ride on this bike.

In red deer Alberta. I was going to buy a new we yzf250. It came with the gytr power tuner. $400 ish value. I ended up buying a new 13 yz250 2t instead. It came with a top-end rebuild kit. $400 ish value. Either way, sweet deal.

At least with Yamaha 's you get an actual service manual instead of one of those crap owner's manuals that come with some bikes........big difference.