HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gaskill

2016 yz450

12 posts in this topic

I'm a 6'3 guy, does anyone know of bar risers that will raise the bars and and put them more forward toward the front wheel on a 16 YZ 450.

Thanks guys. I just can't ride the dang thing standing up, I feel like the bars are under my belly. I'll try moving them forward, and if that doesn't feel good I guess new bars. Thanks again

Try the Windhams.  Standing is the best part.  They let you stand at a balance on the pegs without crowding the bars. 

I switched to tag mounts that I had on my old crf. Added about 12mm of height. I know tusk makes a kit to add height also.

I'm 6'3 as well and run renthal fat bars RC High bend in the front mount holes. I always ran risers previously with stock bars but found higher bars to be more comfortable and the bike seems to handle a bit better.

i also run renthal RC high.. Get adjustable foot pegs.. I have fastway pegs.. Run them in the lowest position. I could not believe how much better it made everything. Standing up is comfortable now.. 

i also run renthal RC high.. Get adjustable foot pegs.. I have fastway pegs.. Run them in the lowest position. I could not believe how much better it made everything. Standing up is comfortable now..

how tall are you? Im almost 6'1" and have been a little curious about those pegs and/or a taller seat

how tall are you? Im almost 6'1" and have been a little curious about those pegs and/or a taller seat

I am also about 6'1". I never bought aftermarket pegs because yamaha has had pretty decent ones for a while. But just the first ride alone i could tell a difference right away. i wouldn't bother with a tall seat. Had one on another bike and did not really like it went back to stock. Next i am adding different shift and rear brake lever both longer than stock.. 

This is on a '14 450

raising the bars will not make you fast... tall seat, (easier sit to stand transition), low pegs, straightest/widest bars, no risers = speed through proper riding position

Edited by motojoe268