Carb (mixture set up) WR400 1998

Hi all

Have a problem with the mixture on my 98 wr400,inspected the plug and is black so can only assume that this is far to rich,running fmf iv silencer so does the jetting need looking at? also the main air screw /knob on the side of the carb is fully turned in but this bearly gives me a tick over & the bike fails to idle for road junctions etc.

I basically need simple good advice as I'm relative new to the bike.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. p.s I live in England so would the altitude + climate make a difference?

Cheers Davey

WR400 98

Morad sm rims,Talon hubs pro taper bars bark busters crd bash plate,crd frame guards,motovisionracing grapics,recent piston ,rings,valves,vacum carb plate,magneto coils.

Hi all

Have a problem with the mixture on my 98 wr400,inspected the plug and is black so can only assume that this is far to rich,

Would you rather have a plug that looks good, or a bike that runs well?

Reading the plug on a four stroke, particularly one w/ an accelerator pump, is not a good way to determine your jetting. Paying attention to how it runs is.

So, put the plug back in and tell us how it runs.

also the main idle screw is fully turned in but this bearly gives me a tick over.

This statement is totally confusing to me, but your comment about the plug leaves me wondering if you realize this is a fuel screw, not air screw, so turn the screw in is leaner, out is richer. Or are you talking about the idle speed knob?

:)

Hope this helps.