Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WR_Jason

Water proof bearing grease from Wal-mart???

7 posts in this topic

Hey what grease do you guys swear by for redoing the head set, swing arm, and wheel bearings for a WR that sees plenty of water and mud? I was hoping someting I could pick up at wal-mart but man, they have more types of grease on the shelf than the warmer rack at McDonalds :)

Just make sure the one you use for the headset has a somewhat high temp. rating, Which I am sure most do as it does get a little hot

my 2 cents :)

Hey what grease do you guys swear by for redoing the head set, swing arm, and wheel bearings for a WR that sees plenty of water and mud? I was hoping someting I could pick up at wal-mart but man, they have more types of grease on the shelf than the warmer rack at McDonalds :)

Motul grease.

You might want to replace the front wheel bearings with sealed ones ... I repacked all bearings on the bike at less than 50 miles with Bel-Ray. 3 months later I went to do it again and the front was almost siezed from all the lovely red clay we have. (2nd teardown was about 500 miles)

BAhhh, I hate getting stuff from the dealer since it cost so much, Ill take a look since I have to get some parts there later this week any way. Where do you get the sealed bearings? Are they Yamaha parts? GTYR or someting?