HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geoffit

Works bike

11 posts in this topic

Looks like the magic button is just around the bend note what's missing next to the clutch cover

Photo from cycle news

image.jpg

That would be sweet.  It's a huge time saver, especially for when you go down and have a hard time starting the bike until you find neutral.

Interesting linkage, can't tell exactly what they're doing there, but looks different and like there's another moving part. Could be wrong on that...

Looks like a video presentation here:  http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2015/02/13/video-presentation-of-electric-start-2015-yamaha-yz450fm/

Edited by jcm3

I was looking at the weld running down the length of the arm on the top edge.  Looks fabbed up from flat stock, or reinforced, or ?

Something is up with the connecting link too, no?

I was looking at the weld running down the length of the arm on the top edge. Looks fabbed up from flat stock, or reinforced, or ?

Something is up with the connecting link too, no?

Trey Canard was running a linkage arm similar to that earlier this year. I believe it aids in starting.

Its a rear hole shot device.. Seen them on some of the Japan National bikes. Bikes with front a rear holeshot devices sit so low when they are locked in.. 

Anyone know how the rear holeshot link works?  I tried to read up about it, but there isn't much written about how it actually holds the rear of the bike down on the starting line.  The fronts are easy to understand but the back is different.   Also, looks like anyone can buy them and it's really not a "works" part, just has a "works" pricetag at $400!! 

Potential carbon fibre sub frame? Or just a nice cover...

definitely full composite...aren't the husky guys running one too or is theirs plastic?