Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akiraone

Need aftermarket radiators for YZ450 2014

11 posts in this topic

Hello fellows , 

I need advice with the radiators for YZ450 2014, I'd like to replace my for bigger ones. There is no way to buy here in europe anything diffrent then original form Yamaha OEM. And I need to order them form somwhere beyon my border :) and I need you advice which one should I chose .

Or mayebe some from WR (OEM) will fit perfectly or from latest YZ250FX (if there are higher capacity) . And possible to install unabiker rad guards (I know that propably those from YZ will not fit anymore)

Is this a good product ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Radiator-FOR-Yamaha-YZ450F-YZF450-YZ-450-F-YZF-450-2014-2015-14-15-/261699591971?hash=item3cee82df23&vxp=mtr

And one more about fan that comes with the latest 250FX ( I know it has battery) , is it possible to give it some current form YZ450 stator ? 

regards (and sorry for english :/)

I use those on my 99 YZ400f. They seem to be well made, and have worked great for me. I believe they are a little larger than stock, and dissapate heat vary well.

Well the stator output on these EFI YZ450F's is high enough to run some extra stuff, but since there's no battery, you wouldn't be able to run the fan with the bike off - on with it running and supplying the current directly.  It has a reg/rect on it for the EFI, so you can splice into the fuel pump wiring harness to get DC current.

I've also been curious about aftermarket radiator options.  Mine are fine, but I'm sure I'll mangle them at some point.  I can't see the OEM shrouds and airbox being flexible enough to accommodate oversize radiators, so I suspect oversize options are limited.

Have those in my2006 YZ450 they hold more fluid and are tougher than stock. Would buy again. Got a set for a vintage 87 YZ250 and had to modify mounting holes to install. Fit my 06 perfectly.

I used one of these when I destroyed my right side radiator

http://m.mishimoto.com/yamaha-yz450f-braced-aluminum-dirt-bike-radiator-10-12.html

Fit exactly like OEM and Unabike radiator guards for up perfectly as well. No complaints, would buy again if I needed another radiator.

Thank you for all answer ....

Those one looks great and the price is great , but to bad that they dont have for 2014 model yet :/ ..... 

I'm using the radiators and hoses from GPI Racing on my YZ. I've had them for 9 months, seem very well built, and still holding water.

Can you tell, how they fitted ? I just wonder, are they gonna work with Unabiker guards . 

Oh, and are they oversized ? or they keep the same amount of fluid ?

regards

Can you tell, how they fitted ? I just wonder, are they gonna work with Unabiker guards .

Oh, and are they oversized ? or they keep the same amount of fluid ?

regards

I'm actually running Unabiker guards as well. Fitment was just as good as stock. I didn't have to make any holes bigger, or struggle to get any bolts in.

They do look a little bigger than the OEM radiator, but not much. Holds about the same amount of coolant.

1444136333976.jpg

1444136360378.jpg

1444136454854.jpg

Edited by waltersobchak

I'm actually running Unabiker guards as well. Fitment was just as good as stock. I didn't have to make any holes bigger, or struggle to get any bolts in.

They do look a little bigger than the OEM radiator, but not much. Holds about the same amount of coolant.

Thank you very much for this information. Thats what I needed :) , now its time to place an order :) ...

The GPI radiators use a thicker core but they may be one row narrower than the OEM rads. My Moose Racing guards bolted up with little extra work but have a gap on the outside that the stock coolers didn't have. The tanks are square where the original tanks were rounded and may be a little larger but the extra coolant capacity is negligible.