14? 15? Or 16?

Dont know where you are but in socal where I live you can gt 14's all daynlong for 5k. Heck you can get a 15 fornlessnthan the 6500 you say you sold uours for.

Brad, it is ok to take fuel away to help performance. There is a point that you can be fuel lean and hurt the motor performance. What elevation are you at??

ya you can def go too far but -2 and -3 on fuel wakes the 14 up. At least in my experience.

Are the water pump impeller and the shift stopper a concern on the 14 yz450's like they were on the 250's?

Are the water pump impeller and the shift stopper a concern on the 14 yz450's like they were on the 250's?

The problems with these parts on the 450 haven't been documented on here to the same degree as the 250 however both parts were upgraded on the 2016 450. I replaced both on my new, non-current, 14 with the new parts. Since I had to remove the right side cover to get to the shift stopper it made sense to replace the impeller at the same time. You need to replace the shift stopper spring as well as they are completely different.

The problems with these parts on the 450 haven't been documented on here to the same degree as the 250 however both parts were upgraded on the 2016 450. I replaced both on my new, non-current, 14 with the new parts. Since I had to remove the right side cover to get to the shift stopper it made sense to replace the impeller at the same time. You need to replace the shift stopper spring as well as they are completely different.

Part numbers for those?

Part numbers for those?

Impeller              1SL-12450-01-00

Shift stopper       2GB-18140-10-00

Spring                90508-29041

Screw                90159-06028-00

Edited by Dklassen

Thanks for the info. Ill do that ASAP. Its good peace of mind.