HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denjerre

P-38 Lighting

5 posts in this topic

I put one on my 00 426 when I first bought it. I'm sure my experience is rare, but they sent me one without any fuel passages drilled into it. Like a dummy, I of course put it on my bike without really looking at it. Not having any pump shot actually kept my bike from starting hard and I didn't have as much of a bog off-idle as I would have without it. Long story short (lol), I discovered the flaw in manufacturing when I did the BK mod and I sent it back. Do the BK mod! It's a much cheaper (approx. $5 vs. $80) and it's a more complete mod in that it allows adjustability where the p-38 does not.

I just did a search for p-38 in the YZ forum, 32 matches. I figured there would be a match or 2 that I could link, but 32. I have not tried the p-38 or the bk mod myself.

Originally posted by denjerre:

done the search...sorry. tx.

Don't be sorry, I wasn't scolding. But with 32 posts, and countless more on the BK mod, maybe I need to try it also. I pulled my accel pump apart the other day to find it so full of crap it could not have been working :) . I wonder how it will change having it work again?