HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dR0

YZ/WR Suspension Differences

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

The suspension is blown out on my 2000 WR400 and I've found a guy on CL parting out his 01 YZ 125, I'm wondering how different the forks are and if the spring is the same size/length. 

After a cursory search I've come up with this http://www.tech-care.com/yamaha.phpdescribing at least the forks, but what about the spring?

Thanks!

I don't think you are gaining anything with those specs. Not worth the money. Sounds like the spring rate on the 125 is a little less than the 400.

I have a related question, comparing a 00' yz400f suspension to an 01' Wr426f ..

I have been given the yz, and wondering if swapping the suspension would be any improvement, or not worthy of it...

Anybody?

No benefit

You need to get up to 2005 YZ specs before you get into the 'good' stuff from KYB.

I'm not sure if I wasn't clear enough, but the benefit is in having working suspension. My forks are blown. 

I'm not sure if I wasn't clear enough, but the benefit is in having working suspension. My forks are blown. 

You mean the seals are gone?

Any fork that old, from any doner, should have the seals replaced anyway.