HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Treebark

Are the 03-04 YZ/ WR450f frames the same.

7 posts in this topic

I'm wanting to get frame gaurds and a skid plate for my 04 WR450F, most part catalogs dont show the 04's yet or don't show WR's. Anyone know which brand gives the best protection?

They probably are but I'm not sure about the skid plates. Yamaha sells the same glide plate for both bikes but only lists a skid plate for the WR. As for frame gaurds I know there are some issues with '03 WR frame guards fitting on the '04 due to the change in the kickstand. I've been holding off waiting for some '04 specific guards.

I ordered this skidplate from Flatlandracing.com and it bolted perfectly onto my 04. I also got their radiator guards and they went on equally easy. They are a good product and I recommend them.

Devol claims to have 04 frame guards but are backordered everythwere I have looked. Should be stocked ina few weeks I am told.

Hey Agent, does it (skid plate) have a hole in it for drain plug access?????? I really need to figure out what skid plate , radiator guards , & radiator braces I'm gonna buy.

Yeah, it has 2 holes in the bottom, one for each drain plug. The holes are pretty small though - too small for a socket wrench to fit in there. I imagine that if you want to use a torque wrench you will need to take the skidplate off.