Oil leak from left side crank case gasket ?

I just picked up and 03 WR 450. I traded my 08YZ 450 for it.

It's Plated for The road and it's been good so far, anyway I came to work and noticed that down on the back of the crate c anyway I came to work and noticed that down on the back of the crank case I had oil leaking.

Some Of my suspected areas are The crank case gasket (because it' seems to be seeping out of it), the oil drain plug (because the oil runs undrrneath), the counter shaft oil seal, or possibly oil just blowing out of valve cover breather.

I cleaned oil up good 2x. Can't track it. The second time I pulled the breather hose and moved it to the front of the frame with a zip tie. But it's still getting wet on the back side of the crank.

If any of this makes sense to anyone and knows something let me know. Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't figured this out. Pulled the drive sprocket off engine. It was completely dry behind it. Can't tell if it's the crankcase gasket (I just put a brand new one on it) or the clutch rod release lever seal.

I think I'm going to pull crankcase again and use "just right" gasket maker. And see if that does it

I also broke a crankcase bolt. And an easy out. I drilled it out and heli coiled it. But I can't get t too tight. Maybe that's why it's leaking

I also broke a crankcase bolt. And an easy out. I drilled it out and heli coiled it. But I can't get t too tight. Maybe that's why it's leaking

But it isn't leaking around that area

Well I cannot say for sure, but judging from the shot of your rear tire and the way "something" has been flinging off and making all the lines on the rear tire that have caught dust, I am wondering if you might be over oiling the chain and sprockets? Or is that oil getting on the chain from the

leak and flinging off back there?

If over oiled, a chain will throw that excess everywhere including up around the CS sprocket area. That could explain why it is dry behind the CS sprocket too.

As Krannie mentions, FIRST thing to do is do a real good cleaning of the whole bike, taking care to clean the CS area REAL good. Then take it out for a few miles and examine it to see if you can determine just where it is coming from.

The crank breathers on mine will throw out quite a bit at times, and a little oil can make a pretty big mess, especially if not cleaned regularly.