HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krony506

Need help- 15 450F starting

4 posts in this topic

Hi all! I hope I can get a little help. I added a Yoshimura full exhaust. When the bike is cold it will start very easy. When I come back in from a practice session and take a 15 to 20 min. break the bike will not start. I have to kick for 5 to 10 min. before it will fire. Do I need to make a change to the ECU for easier starting?

Just for fun, try it with the cold start knob pulled.

(The cold start plunger on the EFI bikes does not make the mixture richer as on the carb models, all it does is add air, as if you slightly opened the throttle)

Just for fun, try it with the cold start knob pulled.

(The cold start plunger on the EFI bikes does not make the mixture richer as on the carb models, all it does is add air, as if you slightly opened the throttle)

Thanks Gray for responding. I did try that prior to me posting this. That had no effect on the starting. 

How does it run when it does?  How many hours on it?  Good gas?  Fuel filters clean?