Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N7SLC

Yamaha Recalls Cruisers While WR Owners Get the Shaft!!

8 posts in this topic

This just figures. The cruiser guys get a recall for a

defect in the trans, but the WR450 guys don't get crap!

Here's a story that was on the news last night about the

lack of parts availability for the Road Star:

News Story

Typical...

So, did you follow his instructions at the bottom of the article?

"And, Yamaha wants to here from you if you are affected. I have put that information on the “Gephardt Links” site on www.kutv.com.

If you have a problem you can't fix, give me a shot at it. You know the number 973-3122 or e-mail me at gephardt@kutv2.com

"

Whew! :D I thought the WR was going "shaft drive" for a minute! :)

Heck, Yamaha already gave WR owners the shaft :D so why not give the WR a shaft too? :D

Just a note. I belong to a forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/1602/start

I have been with these guys for almost 5 years. A lot of them have aquired a great amount of experience dealing with Yamaha reps. I'm sure the "Road Star Forum" on delphi is partly responsible for pushing Yamaha to recall the affected bikes. Some of the guys on there knew of the problem well over a year before Yamaha addressed it to the public with a dealer recall notice. This last recall is not the only one for the RoadStar and their has been numerous problems for some riders/owners of this bike. If you have a problem with your WR I would strongly suggest joining this forum and asking questions on how to satisfy your complaints with Yamaha. They are a great group of guys, and I know of no other forum that has as much techincal knowledge of motorcycles than this forum. The moderator's nickname is "Thor" and his first name is Dave. I know he will be glad to answer any of your questions.

I'm just trying to help you guys with problems out. That is all I am after.

Good luck.

DD :)

"And, Yamaha wants to here from you if you are affected. I have put that information on the ?Gephardt Links? site on www.kutv.com.

If you have a problem you can't fix, give me a shot at it. You know the number 973-3122 or e-mail me at gephardt@kutv2.com

"

HaHa, you watch him too??

"And, Yamaha wants to here from you if you are affected. I have put that information on the ?Gephardt Links? site on www.kutv.com.

"

HaHa, you watch him too??

Nope, don't get them in Tucson.... :)