yz426f carburetor discussion

So just yesterday i brought home a 2000 YZ426F. Bike has been sitting since 2002 with less than 10 hours. Carb is not in very good condition even after cleaning it very thoroughly and i was wondering if a more modern 450 carb would mount up to the 426 head. And any mods i should perform ? thank you in advance

I had an 02 yz426 and picked up a 08 yz450 carb with hot start lever and throttle cables (make sure you get these if carb doesnt come with it). Bike ran flawless, idled perfect no bog or hesitation ever, more snappy and way more fun to ride. It is all bolt on as gray stated just route the hot start cable to the bars and you are golden. The rear air boot will stretch a little and the carb on the head side boot wont sit flush like yours does now but it will fully seat and bottom just looks funny. Best mod i ever did to that bike just make sure its a yz carb not yfz with a single throttle cable they both work but the push pull cable is bolt on the single is kind of bolt on lol also better years to look for are 05 to 09 i believe

Edited by defilmcrew

....just make sure its a yz carb not YFZ (quad) with a single throttle cable ....

l also better years to look for are 05 to '09 i believe

Corrections in bold.

Also avoid carbs from a WR.

Corrections in bold.

Also avoid carbs from a WR.

Corrections corrected Edited by defilmcrew

Regarding the single cable quad setup, the YZF dual cable throttle tube uses the "pull shut" cable as a stop.  Not very usable without the second cable.  It can be done, but you won't like it.