How to tell the size of the motor?

So dumb question? I just bought a used 2007 yz450f and I got to thinking. I was looking at the title (CA) and noticed there was nothing that mentioned wether it was a 250 or 450. Other than the persons word, I could not figure out for sure. Do I think he was lying, no but im just curious. If I ever wanted to now for sure, how could I find out? I didnt notice any markings or anything on the frame or motor. 

Edited by rcfallen

So dumb question? I just bought a used 2007 yz450f and I got to thinking. I was looking at the title (CA) and noticed there was nothing that mentioned wether it was a 250 or 450. Other than the persons word, I could not figure out for sure. Do I think he was lying, no but im just curious. If I ever wanted to now for sure, how could I find out? I didnt notice any markings or anything on the frame or motor.

Displacement should be cast onto the side of the cylinder

Displacement on the side of the motor and the VIN should also tell you.  that is, if it is the original frame.  I am currently dealing with one of those bikes :)

Displacement should be cast onto the side of the cylinder

Specifically, at the lower right corner of the front of the cylinder.

The 250F in that year has an external oil tank, while the 450 has an internal oil reservoir in the front of the crankcase.  There will be a dipstick in front of the cylinder on the left side.

You should be able to feel the difference.   450's are scary fast, 250's are less scary fast.  

lol scary fast. Hey thanks guys for the reply's. I guess I didn't look hard enough. I did see it on the side of the cylinder head (449cc). I appreciate the help! Hope everything works out with your bike bigduff.