2010 yz450f

Hey i just purchased a 2010 yz450f has maybe 30 hours on it runs strong and shifts perfectly fine but for some reason when its not running and i put it in gear it moves without a problem (feels a little harder to move then when in neutral) but when i start it and put it in gear everything works 100% i dont know why it does this has anyone else had this problem ? Anything can help lol. Kinda scared to ride it dont want to break it. Thanks

Got a rekluse?

Got a rekluse?

+1 on the rekluse or is possible to have a slipper clutch?

+1 on the rekluse or is possible to have a slipper clutch?

I have no idea ? I also can take my finger and push the clutch lever that is on the motor

Got a rekluse?

Idk but i can move the clutch lever that is on the motor is that normal ?

I have no idea ? I also can take my finger and push the clutch lever that is on the motor

I don't think that is normal but not really sure. I have never seen one that soft that you can move it like that. I would also hold off on riding until you get it figured out. 

I don't think that is normal but not really sure. I have never seen one that soft that you can move it like that. I would also hold off on riding until you get it figured out.

Yea im going to try and find mire answers tomorrow i know there has to be a clutch thats working though. Because when its running it works 100% normal

Yea im going to try and find mire answers tomorrow i know there has to be a clutch thats working though. Because when its running it works 100% norma

I sure think it's a rekluse, I have never installed one so not sure on how easy the pull is. 

Someone on TT will know if thats normal and if a rekluse is in it.

I sure think it's a rekluse, I have never installed one so not sure on how easy the pull is.

Someone on TT will know if thats normal and if a rekluse is in it.

I read up on the "slipper clutch" and it says it makes the pull 20% easier as in the clutch pull so maybe thats why its so easy to pull the lever lol and you said someone on TT will know whats TT ? Lol

I read up on the "slipper clutch" and it says it makes the pull 20% easier as in the clutch pull so maybe thats why its so easy to pull the lever lol and you said someone on TT will know whats TT ? Lol

Thumper Talk. 

I would pull off my clutch cover to know what I have in there for sure, but that's me. The former owner couldn't give you any info on it?

Nope lol he dident know either 3rd owner if i pull of my clutch cover do i need to do new gaskets ?

Nope lol he dident know either 3rd owner if i pull of my clutch cover do i need to do new gaskets ?

Yes, Its real simple. 

maybe someone will have a better idea on how to tell but all I know is just remove it and look.

OK, look.  In the first place, the condition noted by the original poster is completely normal, and all you guys should know that.  The clutch on YZ450's drag noticeably with the engine shut down.  You will notice this when pushing the bike in gear, and when attempting to start in gear. 

If the clutch releases cleanly enough to allow you to select neutral at an idle while standing still, and doesn't slip under power, it's working normally.  Don't worry about it.

Well i can take the bike start it then the clutch gets stiffer also i can out it in gear and release the clutch and it idles acts just like a automatic im assuming this is a rekluse clutch ?

Yes, that is typical of the Rekluse Z-Start Pro model.

But whether the clutch is a Z-Start Pro or stock, it's still going to be harder to push in gear with the clutch engaged than in neutral.

Yes, that is typical of the Rekluse Z-Start Pro model.

But whether the clutch is a Z-Start Pro or stock, it's still going to be harder to push in gear with the clutch engaged than in neutral.

Yea id assume that but thanks also what oil and weight would you recommend to run in this ? Lol

10w-40 (5w-40, or 15 or 20w-40 is OK, too.  20w-50 only if it's over 95-100 degrees out most of the time

10w-40 (5w-40, or 15 or 20w-40 is OK, too. 20w-50 only if it's over 95-100 degrees out most of the time[/quote

Okay and what about the brand ? What would you say is best

Well i can take the bike start it then the clutch gets stiffer also i can out it in gear and release the clutch and it idles acts just like a automatic im assuming this is a rekluse clutch ?

The fact that the pull gets stiffer when started sounds like a Rekluse Z-Start.  I've never personally had that model, but my riding buddy did on his YZ250 and it did the same thing.  More revs=stiffer pull.  The EXP will do the opposite.  

The fact that the pull gets stiffer when started sounds like a Rekluse Z-Start.  I've never personally had that model, but my riding buddy did on his YZ250 and it did the same thing.  More revs=stiffer pull.

The original Z-Start was obsolete long before the '10 came out.  The Z-Start Pro has a limp lever feel at idle that becomes a lighter than normal feel once revved up above the engagement point.  The difference is that it does not get progressively stiffer as did the old non-"Pro" model, and can be overridden at any RPM very easily.