HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flapwick

EFI: FUEL AND IGNITION MAPPING TUTORIAL?

10 posts in this topic

Anybody know where a novice level mechanic can find a tutorial explaining the relation between Fuel/Ignition settings and the effects of those relations? Hopefully in a simple,easy to understand,way.

001.JPG

I hope there's something to follow. I looked around on the internet,and most of the stuff was about cars and didn't help me at all.Hopefully someone here has a link or can help us out a bit. I know I can just try a bunch of different maps,but I am hoping I can get a basic,general understanding of why the different settings do what they do.

Too bad no info. It could be very educational. Now if you had asked what kind of oil to usr and how often to change it....

Anybody know where a novice level mechanic can find a tutorial explaining the relation between Fuel/Ignition settings and the effects of those relations? Hopefully in a simple,easy to understand,way.

There is probably a reason this thread went 2 weeks without any attempt at an answer. Yamaha has a pretty good

tutorial on their Blu Cru website for the GYTR tuner, search that first.

Fuel adjustment numbers + or- are just like making jetting changes on a carb, however the FI ecu will still make automatic adjustments

for temp, elevation ETC while still using your commanded corrections.

Same with ignition, but instead of ONE "fixed" setting you are allowed to + or - several. Again these are just correction factors to the stock

map.

Apparently,you are either the first person who is aware of that information on their website,or the first person to take the time to pass it on.Thanks,I'll check it out.

Ooooh your in trouble..

Edited by yzUSMCf
1 person likes this

I just revealed the true identity of grayracer... and that's pretty cool.

1 person likes this