YZ450F burning oil

So I just changed the oil in my 2013 yz450f and 1 or 2 laps in my bike just smelled terrible of burning oil. I got off it, let it cool down and tried it again and same thing. My buddy that was riding behind said he could smell it too and it was really strong. I looked in the sight glass and the oil was already black, and there was no smoke coming from it. Any ideas on what it could be? I'm not going to ride it til I get it figured out for sure

Edited by Wanny594

So I just changed the oil in my 2013 yz450f and 1 or 2 laps in my bike just smelled terrible of burning oil. I got off it, let it cool down and tried it again and same thing. My buddy that was riding behind said he could smell it too and it was really strong. I looked in the sight glass and the oil was already black, and there was no smoke coming from it. Any ideas on what it could be? I'm not going to ride it til I get it figured out for sure

I would think crank seals

Is your bike smoking (blue/purplish colored) at all during startup or when revved at a constant speed? A healthy motor will have zero smoke. If so It's your valve seals or piston rings.

If no smoke are you sure of the smell? Maybe your fried your clutch.

Yes yzs don't have oil crank seals so you can't blow one as mentioned.

The oil was "already black" because your old oil was too dirty before you changed it, most likely, and the fresh oil picked up a bunch of the old sediment. 

I highly maintain my machines, oil and air filter every 2-3 rides. I have never dumped black oil out of my bike, but when I look through the sight glass it is black as can be

Is your bike smoking (blue/purplish colored) at all during startup or when revved at a constant speed? A healthy motor will have zero smoke. If so It's your valve seals or piston rings.

If no smoke are you sure of the smell? Maybe your fried your clutch.

Yes yzs don't have oil crank seals so you can't blow one as mentioned.

no smoke, no loss of power. clutch feels the same as it always has so I don't think it is that but I will go pull the plates out and see what they look like

I have never dumped black oil out of my bike, but when I look through the sight glass it is black as can be

It's black in the sight glass, but not when you drain it?  Fascinating.

Certain oils will turn black almost immediately if exposed to either or both of heat or fuel.  EFI YZF's will run rich until the coolant temperature indicates to the ECU that the bike is warmed up, and a number of people have complained of their oil smelling of fuel after a short run or during the winter months.

It's black in the sight glass, but not when you drain it?  Fascinating.

Certain oils will turn black almost immediately if exposed to either or both of heat or fuel.  EFI YZF's will run rich until the coolant temperature indicates to the ECU that the bike is warmed up, and a number of people have complained of their oil smelling of fuel after a short run or during the winter month

im saying when I've changed my oil previously it wasn't black, I have yet to dump the oil out of the bike now but I can see its black through the sight glass, sorry for the confusion!