YZ 450 2011 WHEELS ON A 2014

For memory the front axle is 22mm, but not sure what it is on the 2011, 20 maybe  ?

Anyone know if you can make the 2011 wheels fit the 2014 either by changing bearings, hub internals  etc ?

For memory the front axle is 22mm, but not sure what it is on the 2011, 20 maybe  ?

Anyone know if you can make the 2011 wheels fit the 2014 either by changing bearings, hub internals  etc ?

Can be done , I have done it and have run them for 2 years without issue. 

Front wheel - You need to source the bearings and machine the 2011 wheel spacer out to 22.2 mm.

Search my article on this on ThumperTalk and post it , I can not for the life of me find it but others on here have.

Rear wheel is a bolt in.

Can be done , I have done it and have run them for 2 years without issue. 

Front wheel - You need to source the bearings and machine the 2011 wheel spacer out to 22.2 mm.

Search my article on this on ThumperTalk and post it , I can not for the life of me find it but others on here have.

Rear wheel is a bolt in.

OK, cheers can you remember what you had as the subject ?

By machining the spacer,  you meaning the aluminum spacer that floats in the hub ?

OK, cheers can you remember what you had as the subject ?

By machining the spacer,  you meaning the aluminum spacer that floats in the hub ?

Yes, the aluminium spacer that floats in the hub - 22.2mm ID

Bearings - get the verniers out, 2011 OD & 2014 ID

Seals - 2011 OD & 2014 wheel spacer OD as the seal ID #

Hope that makes sense. I would do a measure up but my wheels just do not need pulling down ( packed the bearings with Yamalube grease and have not had to touch them since! ).

11 front will not bolt on. 20mm vs 22mm. They don't make a bearing in that oddball size for the 20mm hub. The hub itself had changed to accept the larger bearing for the 2014 model. The rear is a direct bolt on...

11 front will not bolt on. 20mm vs 22mm. They don't make a bearing in that oddball size for the 20mm hub. The hub itself had changed to accept the larger bearing for the 2014 model. The rear is a direct bolt on...

Well you might want to tell my bearing guy who supplied the bearings that fitted straight in, not to mention that I have been running this configuration for 2 years now.

Maybe you can not get them in the US of A but no problems here in little old NZ !

http://shockcraft.co.nz/mr2237-steel-bottom-bracket-bearing-kit-enduro.html

Here is a link to the bearings I fitted..... waiting for all the experts to jump in and say they will not hold up blah blah blah , well 2 years of abuse says otherwise.

$30 for the whole conversion made it a cheap swap out.

So 22mm ID , 37mm OD for bearings

37mm OD , 30mm ID for seals.

Dug through some old Pm's I had on another forum.