Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mwtrent

14 YZ450f with Cycra factory probend CRM

10 posts in this topic

Looking for some help or guidance anyone can provide on this one please.  I just picked up some hand guards for my 14 YZ and i'm having issues with fitment.  These are the ones I bought: https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/cycra-factory-probend-crm-racer-pack?b=Off-Road+Motorcycle&d=20|20&f=2016|141

I'm having trouble fitting them over my Rental Gen2 Intellilevers (the direct fit versions; not the ones that come with new perches) and if I am able to get them fitted over them using the stand-off washers and sliding the perches inward the hand guard bars stick out so far from the handlebars I can't get the front number plate in place to get the screw in the upper triple clamp.  I'm about ready to give up.

I had those exact ones on my 2013.  I would assume the bars are basically the same.  the fit pretty easy, so I am having a hard time picturing the issue.  Maybe you could PM with pics?

I had those exact ones on my 2013. I would assume the bars are basically the same. the fit pretty easy, so I am having a hard time picturing the issue. Maybe you could PM with pics?

I can see where it would be hard to picture. Once the hand guards are installed the bar mount hits the brake line retainer on the back of the number plate. If I don't use the spacers from cycra that put the hand guards further forward my levers hit.

I'll try to get some pics.

Yeah, no way around that.

We're your handle bars stock? If my stock bars didn't have the big pad in the middle I could get the bar clamps closer to the center and there wouldn't be interference with the number plate.

I had the stock bars. I remember what I did now. When I put those on I had a Scott's steering stabalizer. So I didn't use the big pad anymore anyway. Also I trimmed the corner of my number plate so it would clear

I had the stock bars. I remember what I did now. When I put those on I had a Scott's steering stabalizer. So I didn't use the big pad anymore anyway. Also I trimmed the corner of my number plate so it would clear

Cool, thanks. Glad I'm not going crazy.

Very frustrating indeed. I just put on some pro taper fusion bars as well and it's still a no-go.