Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN Dirt Rider

Good deal on an '09?

3 posts in this topic

I currently ride an 08 YZ250 2 stroke with 295 big bore. Used to ride an 03 YZ250f. Been thinking about getting a 450 to sit in the garage next to my 2 stroke.

Found an 09 YZ450f, pretty much all stock except has bark busters. Motor never been opened, only suspension has been fork seals. Current owner is 2nd owner, said original owner barely rode it at all. 2nd owner bought it 3 years ago and has put about 25 hours on it. He's asking $2300. From the pics it looks like it's in good shape. So I may go look at it this week.

Sounds like a good deal or not?

I like the idea of staying with Yamaha since the motor and suspension are familiar to me. Having a newer model with EFI would be nice, but I'm used to fiddling with jets so that is not a big deal.

1 person likes this

I currently ride an 08 YZ250 2 stroke with 295 big bore. Used to ride an 03 YZ250f. Been thinking about getting a 450 to sit in the garage next to my 2 stroke.

Found an 09 YZ450f, pretty much all stock except has bark busters. Motor never been opened, only suspension has been fork seals. Current owner is 2nd owner, said original owner barely rode it at all. 2nd owner bought it 3 years ago and has put about 25 hours on it. He's asking $2300. From the pics it looks like it's in good shape. So I may go look at it this week.

Sounds like a good deal or not?

I like the idea of staying with Yamaha since the motor and suspension are familiar to me. Having a newer model with EFI would be nice, but I'm used to fiddling with jets so that is not a big deal.

Sounds like a good deal to me. I had an 09 and loved it. Stock pipe is horrible! Buy a Dr D pipe and an 06 cdi to bring it alive

If you don't want it, I would pay that much for it for parts for my 09. I love it. Hard to find anything much cheaper than that around neck of the woods