HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
humbertob

Magura Clutch !

5 posts in this topic

Actually I got a Magura clutch installed in my '99 YZ400F and I want to check the liquid level but I need what to use if the reservoir needs liquid ! Mineral Oil......? What brand.....? Where can I get it......?

Thanks ! :)

Fork oil works fine (Yamaho 01). The only problem is bleeding the system properly. I found that I had to submerge the caliper/piston end completely and then open the banjo bolt while squeezing the lever - not easy with one hand! I did get it to work though.

I remove the slave cylinder piston rod (using a hex-bolt tool on the piston) to bleed the system.

This way I also can "backfill" the system, connecting a tube on the "piston rod hole" whit a syringe.

But I don't think Magura supports that way of doing it, use the link below to find out how magura think it should be done (to cumbersome for me).

http://www.magura.de/magura_unternehmen/motorrad/english/off_road/befuell.pdf

http://www.magura.de/magura_unternehmen/motorrad/english/off_road/off_road_main.htm

includes spareparts list, installation and more.

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: urla ]