Atlanta Supercross

Hey guys, I'm going to Atlanta tomorrow morning to the SX race. This is the first SX race for me and my 7 y/o son. I read that the gates open at 12:30pm and the event does'nt start until 7pm. Does it pay to get to the event super early? Is there plenty to keep us entertained until race time? Is practice open to the public? I can't seem to find out any scoop on the daily "goings on". I'm driving my motorhome with lots of MX videos just in-case the day is slow. ANY HELP?

Starting at 12:30 is the practices and all day qualifying. You can go in and out of hte dome and the pits and watch your riders practice. It is worth going earlier I think. I will be there also. If you see a guy bout 6'2" camera round his neck with a JMR Power Sports cap on, stop me and introduce yourself. I may also have a THOR Press vest on. Not totally sure bout that one yet.

Thanks for the input. We'll look for you.

If you don't already have pit passes get 'em free at Ingles grocery store or buy a drink at Subway (pass is on the cup) on your way to the Dome.

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: YZFWrench ]

That's cool. I'm talking to the girlfriend about hitting a SX race sometime this year. Must be nice to not have to fly to see one.

Poor me. Have a wedding to go to and can't even ride tomorrow. At least the reception's at fancy place.