Black rear fender source help - or YZ rear fender

I've been scouring the interwebs for a couple of days now trying to find a '12 WR450F rear fender in black. UFO makes one, but I'm worried the mold won't be a replica of stock (UFO does some weird things with their plastics sometimes), and the customer service guy there hasn't been very helpful at all.

So does anyone here have the 12+ WR rear fender from UFO?

Does anyone have an 07-11 WR rear fender in black from anyone else?

Does the 06-09 YZ450F work easily on the 07-11 WRs (pretty sure yes).

Thanks for the help, as always.

Thanks for the talk-on.

I had looked at Poliport's website, but only at the 12+ WR rear fenders, which is what I wanted for the straighter lines but could not find one in black aside from UFO, which was different and strange looking (not to mention their customer service sucked). Ended up just ordering the '07-11 Polisport fender in black through Motosport.

So all new black and yellow plastics are on the way, graphics are ordered (Dirt Digits is absolutely awesome to work with), and sometime early next month I'll put it all together - going for a Hurricane Hannah black/yellow WR.

I also ordered a Tusk lithium battery for it (original Yuasa just wouldn't die), new Cycra hand guards, and some Pro Taper EVOs and grips and will eventually put a Rekluse in it.

It's going to be cool.

RockerYZWR,

Let me know how the '07-11 Polisport mounts up. I'm in the same boat - looking for a black rear fender for my '13 WR450F.

Thanks

Thanks for the talk-on.
I had looked at Poliport's website, but only at the 12+ WR rear fenders, which is what I wanted for the straighter lines but could not find one in black aside from UFO, which was different and strange looking (not to mention their customer service sucked). Ended up just ordering the '07-11 Polisport fender in black through Motosport.
So all new black and yellow plastics are on the way, graphics are ordered (Dirt Digits is absolutely awesome to work with), and sometime early next month I'll put it all together - going for a Hurricane Hannah black/yellow WR.
I also ordered a Tusk lithium battery for it (original Yuasa just wouldn't die), new Cycra hand guards, and some Pro Taper EVOs and grips and will eventually put a Rekluse in it.
It's going to be cool.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's not complete, but here's what it looks like.  I am debating putting on the airbox and number plate graphics because I kind of like the look as it is.  The Polisport black rear fender works and fits perfectly.  So I now have a UFO yellow restyled front fender, Acerbis black fork guards, Polisport black radiator shrouds and rear fender, and Cycra handguards.  No brand allegiances here.  I haven't installed the new fork guards yet (because the graphics I got for them are for YZ guards), but they don't have the provisions for the speedo cable like the stock ones do, so I'll likely just secure it with a few small zip ties from the outside with a couple of holes for each one.  I'm pretty happy with it, but this bike is really crying out for some black wheels and some of them fancy black frame covers with the yellow/black scheme.  --Krannie, you have any more black wheels laying around that you want to trade for?

0921151142.jpg0921151142b.jpg

0d6de789-8b1a-4e49-8790-a1078c8e6134.jpg22438bd4-8394-4aea-8ec7-f97d2a434896.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, it's not complete, but here's what it looks like.  I am debating putting on the airbox and number plate graphics because I kind of like the look as it is.  The Polisport black rear fender works and fits perfectly.  So I now have a UFO yellow restyled front fender, Acerbis black fork guards, Polisport black radiator shrouds and rear fender, and Cycra handguards.  No brand allegiances here.  I haven't installed the new fork guards yet (because the graphics I got for them are for YZ guards), but they don't have the provisions for the speedo cable like the stock ones do, so I'll likely just secure it with a few small zip ties from the outside with a couple of holes for each one.  I'm pretty happy with it, but this bike is really crying out for some black wheels and some of them fancy black frame covers with the yellow/black scheme.  --Krannie, you have any more black wheels laying around that you want to trade for?

0921151142.jpg0921151142b.jpg

0d6de789-8b1a-4e49-8790-a1078c8e6134.jpg22438bd4-8394-4aea-8ec7-f97d2a434896.jpg

things-that-bounce-thursday-17-gifs-18.g

• Like 1

Hey Rocker, lookin' sharp man, curious about the black Polisport rear guard, does it have the provision for the CDI & the screw holes for the rear brake light wiring that runs down the left hand underside? Cheers Andy.

Hey, thanks a lot! This Polisport does have all the same bits as the factory rear fender - very nice piece of plastic.

• 3 years later...

Hey Guys, 

Just picked up an '07 and wanted to do the back half in black with rear fender and side panels.  I don't see anyone making the black rear fender anymore!?

I don't see the Polisport one anywhere, saw possibly Rtech kit in all black but ordering to USA is not even an option anymore on their site, also English no longer an option on their site lol. 

Called UFO, they make one with their light, but nothing to retain the factory light, which is what I want to do.. ?

Shot in the dark, but do any of you guys know where I can get that black rear fender still??

Thanks in advance..

16 hours ago, MotoGuido said:

Hey Guys, 

Just picked up an '07 and wanted to do the back half in black with rear fender and side panels.  I don't see anyone making the black rear fender anymore!?

I don't see the Polisport one anywhere, saw possibly Rtech kit in all black but ordering to USA is not even an option anymore on their site, also English no longer an option on their site lol. 

Called UFO, they make one with their light, but nothing to retain the factory light, which is what I want to do.. ?

Shot in the dark, but do any of you guys know where I can get that black rear fender still??

Thanks in advance..

Try Acerbis.